1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So... I have an upgrade available.

So I have an upgrade, but I'm not really crazy about any phones out there. I was really excited about the note 2, but then my father got one and I got a chance to mess around with it and wasn't really impressed (he's on att). Now... The dilemma. My current phone is a thunderbolt.... I really don't want to make this mistake again. Obviously I will never buy HTC again, but I'm wondering if there's any new phones on the horizon that anyone has heard about? Maybe first quarter 2013? I think I'm gonna sit on my upgrade, even though I couldn't possibly hate my thunderbolt more.

sent from my crappy thunderbolt...
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: So... I have an upgrade available.

HTC has come a long way since the tbolt so do not throw them out just on that experience.

I would sit on that upgrade until after the CES show and see what is coming out 1st half of 2013. I think the show is at the end of January.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No I haven't written them off because of the phone, its because of what has happened with the updates (or lack their of), promised release dates, missed release dates, blatant disregard, and here 4 months later not even a "sorry". Theyll never see another penny of my money.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

that is understandable

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I just updated my wife's thunderbolt with an S3. Nice phone but I'm looking more to the Maxx HD when my update comes in December. I have the tbolt too with an extended battery and I still can't make it through a day. Don't want to go through that again.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have an extended battery also. Yea it was a sour experience, which is why I'm so cautious about my next handset. I want something I am going to fall in love with. My brother has an s3, its alright. I want a nexus for the fast updates. I heard that LG might release an lte version of the 4 next year, so maybe that will be it. But who knows. Hopefully some phone is about to be announced that will blow my socks off.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by mattsterful View Post
    I have an extended battery also. Yea it was a sour experience, which is why I'm so cautious about my next handset. I want something I am going to fall in love with. My brother has an s3, its alright. I want a nexus for the fast updates. I heard that LG might release an lte version of the 4 next year, so maybe that will be it. But who knows. Hopefully some phone is about to be announced that will blow my socks off.

I don't believe the new Nexus would have much better battery life on LTE than the Galaxy Nexus. From what I heard about the glass backs don't have me drooling for this thing either.
    Personally, I am hoping for something out of the next upcoming wave of new devices in the late spring/summer. I am not due until August. That should give me enough time to figure out which phone is the one for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Everything you said there is sage advice except the LTE part. LTE on these newer devices is a huge improvement in a lot of ways, battery is one of them

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mattsterful View Post

You're on the wrong carrier for nexus updates, I'm afraid. If LG wanted to release an LTE nexus on Verizon's network, it would also have to support Verizon's CDMA network for voice and text, and that means Verizon has to be involved in the update process.

Look no further than the galaxy nexus for evidence of Verizon's record at updates.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X