Can I Get My Unlimited Data Plan Back?

penguinpc

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I figure the answer is "No", but please read below anyway. :)

Purchased an iPad on October 21 this year. On October 28 I went to Verizon's website to add the iPad to my plan. I have two Droid Bionics (Mine and my wife's) and we had unlimited data. After chatting online with a customer sales rep, it looked like I had two choices. I could add a separate line for the iPad and pay an additional $30 or so a month and keep unlimited data on the phones, or I could switch to a shared plan with tiered data. I chose the shared plan because getting the additional line for the iPad would have increased my monthly bill to $200 or more and the shared plan would keep it closer to the $160-$170 I had been paying.

Well, I lost my job, so I returned the iPad on November 13 (to Best Buy) . I am about to call Verizon the get the iPad removed from my account since I no longer have it.

So, will Verizon revert me to my old data (unlimited) and voice plan if I ask them to?

Probably not, but I wanted to see what the opinions are here.

Thank you for your help.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
no they won't and it doesnt matter if you call them to remove the iPad. Under the shared plan you can have 2-10 devices so it doesnt matter.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
nope. That is the "selling" point of those idiotic plans. You can drop the data amount on your plan to cut the costs a bit (if you have a 4GB plan and think you can get by with 2GB)

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you drop the ipad it will save you the $10 line charge for the tablet but that is it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer