Best reception

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone one know which android device has, or is known for, having the best call reception on Verizon? I currently have the s3 and it seems to be pretty good but I don't make many calls, I mostly text. This is for my mom, she got rid of her landline and currently has iPhone 4...its not working out for her at all, constant dropped calls and the person on the other line can never hear her...I showed her my s3 but she wants something a little smaller...can anyone recommend an android with great reception? Even if it is a 4.8 inch screen, call quality is most important. Thanks in advance

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The general consensus is Motorola. I have honestly never had a issues with any of the phones receptions although perhaps the Droid razr was able to pick up a random text once in the middle of the night in an area at my old man's farm. No cell carrier gets reception out there with the exception of like one bar on att.

I wod say if you have a weak signal at home then consider a network extender.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a strong signal with my s3 at home, its my moms iPhone that has the weak signal..so its not Verizon

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

KingSize72

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I had to get rid of my Motorola Devour because I only got 1 bar once in a while on Verizon, at my house in a major suburb. That was my first "Smart" phone and I loved it except I could seldom get or receive calls at my house. Have always had weak signal here with AT&T, T-mobil, etc. Before I got the Devour I had plain vanella LG phones and always got good signal. Since everyone seems to recommend Motorola, I wonder if you can suggest another model other than the devour. Or does anyone think I would be better off with an LG Smart Phone. I need a USED phone that will work with Page Plus a carrier that uses the Verizon network.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had to get rid of my Motorola Devour because I only got 1 bar once in a while on Verizon, at my house in a major suburb. That was my first "Smart" phone and I loved it except I could seldom get or receive calls at my house. Have always had weak signal here with AT&T, T-mobil, etc. Before I got the Devour I had plain vanella LG phones and always got good signal. Since everyone seems to recommend Motorola, I wonder if you can suggest another model other than the devour. Or does anyone think I would be better off with an LG Smart Phone. I need a USED phone that will work with Page Plus a carrier that uses the Verizon network.
You mentioned the Devour was your first smart phone, but was your prior phones basic models without 3G? It's possible the Devour got a good 1X signal, but 3/4G data was weak. They are different signal types and I've seen something like that happen before. The phone displays the fastest signal type it's latched on to, even if it is weak and a slower signal is stronger. Also understand that 4G isn't as powerful as 3G, at least from my understanding. Its reception will be lower even if both come from the same tower, especially indoors.

KingSize72

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
My previous LG phones were all basic "Dumb" NOT Smart phones. The Devour was 3G. I have WiFi at my house so, no prob getting on the web, etc. but much trouble getting calls in and out. I sold the devour and am looking for a 3G replacement. Can't afford a lot. Looking for something used. Funny that the "dumb" phones got 2 or 3 bars but the Devour only got 1 when I was lucky! LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci