Porting from Google Voice to VZW. Process stalled?

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
My wife likes her GV created phone number more than her VZW assigned one (she just opened a new line).

I unlocked her GV number by paying the $3 GV unlock fee. Early Saturday, I then initiated a port request from VZW's website to port the GV number. Unlike most wireless to wireless transfers that seem to happen quickly (Cricket to VZW for my mother in law took 10 minutes total), Google seems to have to approve the GV port out request which subsequently seems to stall the automated VZW process.

Google did their thing and approved the unlock/port process. However, now that I'm checking the VZW website for the status update, it says:

Your port request has been submitted, but no response has been received. We expect your port request will be completed within 10 business days.

Which perhaps if it was automated (since Google seemed to take a few hours to approve it), may seem true. But now that Google has approved it (and says they're done with their end), VZW seems to still be waiting for Google to respond.

?

I called VZW and they said what they always say. Wait it out.

But am I waiting for nothing as each side may think the other is the next to do something, thus it'll never keep going?

Or should I STFU and wait?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I didn't even know you could do that. Good stuff there... Keep calling. Record who you talk to and when, bring it up each time. If you're nice they will provide a credit or something maybe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I didn't even know you could do that. Good stuff there... Keep calling. Record who you talk to and when, bring it up each time. If you're nice they will provide a credit or something maybe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not upset at all as they do say 2-10 biz days. But I don't know if that's on VZW's end or on the end of the provider that's giving up the number. I'll wait a few days since I'm guessing VZW won't do anything until at least a few business days have passed.

But I don't want to be sitting here like a mope waiting for something to happen that won't.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, this answers my questions. From the Port Status page

Your old service provider has authorized your port request, and we are currently transferring your telephone number to the Verizon Wireless network. You will receive a free text message on your Verizon Wireless handset with additional instructions once this process is complete. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

So, for those of you that might be transferring a GV number to VZW, it seems to go fairly quickly if done on a business day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2