Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mooncatt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nothing new here but

my upgrade is a few days away, so i tried this weekend and not one store will do an early upgrade for me, i want the note 2. i called 4 stores, not one will do it for. excuses are?
    1st store
    "we dont allow early upgrades on 4G devices" !!!! LMAO
    2nd store
    "the store is unable to upgrade 4G and iphone at all"
    3rd store called "let me go check my inventory" she came back and said the a store can not allow an early upgrade unless the account says it available.
    calling customer service now
    they are even saying no to an early upgrade with out a supervisors approval. i told him i just did one about 2 months ago and it took 2 min to get it approved. this guy told me it would take 2-3 days to get an approval.

it does kill me to hear many different answers.
    the NOTE 2 is NOT eligible for an earlty upgrade at all. the "loyalty" dept said so. its a contract with samsung and iphone that is not allowing to early.

so today i called back jsut to see what they say and again different results, in the end cant get phone.
    call 1
    can i get an early upgrade to get the note 2? sure no problem, document that on my account please. ok, heading to store now.
    get to store, we cant do an early upgrade unless the "date" is moved up, you need to call customer service and ask them.. ummm i am standing in a verizon corporate store. so i have to go outside and call *611 to call verizon while i am at a verizon store???
    call 2 told him i need the upgrade date moved to today so i can get the note 2. cant do that cause its an iconic device, meaning HOT item. will have to wait 8 days. fine whatever!!!
    call 3 same story was told i have to wait till the 7th day to be allowed the change of date to me moved up. WHAT???? i called them 3 months ago to get a 1 month earlry upgrade on the samsung s3 and it was approved
    call 4 i just asked i would like the upgrade date changed to today, she asked what phone you looking at i said the S3 this time. thought i got close but she said ok we can ship that to you. i said no i want to pick it at the store.
    call 5 no i am just amusing myself to see what answers i get. i asked can i order the note2 and have it shipped to me? clickity clickity i hear he said NO. cant do it cause its a new phone. but i said i have cash in my pocket right now to buy it. nope no luck.

so again that tells me that they dont care about the current loyal customers who have spent THOUSANDS of $$$$ a year for service, but only care about the NEW customers who have not spent a dime yet.

Default Re: nothing new here but

I tried same thing tonight, I'm 13 days away. Unable to upgrade to note 2 because its to new. I'm even gonna be forced to dump my unlimited and still no luck. Kinda odd especially being a customer for 9 years

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by Easton091 View Post
    I tried same thing tonight, I'm 13 days away. Unable to upgrade to note 2 because its to new. I'm even gonna be forced to dump my unlimited and still no luck. Kinda odd especially being a customer for 9 years

Sorry but being with Verizon for xx years means absolutely nothing. Did you both ask the rep on the phone to order it? Since they were not working with you in the store, maybe you could order it online. They would overnight it to you, of course unless you're paying cash.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Sorry but being with Verizon for xx years means absolutely nothing. Did you both ask the rep on the phone to order it? Since they were not working with you in the store, maybe you could order it online. They would overnight it to you, of course unless you're paying cash.

This was thru *611. Its too bad loyalty means nothing. Sure does at my work.

ROM
    Stock

It's not THAT long to wait.

Might as well just wait and spend your energy getting them to waive the stupid "upgrade fee".

Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Easton091 View Post
    This was thru *611. Its too bad loyalty means nothing. Sure does at my work.

That's the way Verizon operates screw the loyal customers that have been paying hundreds of dollars a year and let the new customers get everything

I'm a superuser
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That was my last call they wouldn't even ship it. Remember that during one of the conversation that no iPhone , moto Droid razer or any Samsung galaxy products are not eligible for an early upgrade. Ummm so I tell him 3 months ago I did and early upgrade on an S3. A month early!!! So I called the guy out that there customer service here sucks and need to all get their story straight

Is your current phone that bad that you can't wait just a little bit longer to get the regular upgrade? The world isn't going to end, despite what some people would have you believe.

Got to love the "gotta have it now" mentality of people today. Honestly, the OP's rant sounds like a little kid's temper tantrum.
    Thanked by:
    asmith922 and Donoghan like this.