Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I transfer my unlimited data to a different phone number on my account?

Just curious. I don't think I can, but never hurts to ask.

I would like to transfer my unlimited data to my sons line so I can go to straight talk with my nexus 4. I don't want to just give it up. If I cannot transfer my unlimited data I will just stay with Verizon until they take unlimited away from me.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Can I transfer my unlimited data to a different phone number on my account?

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    Just curious. I don't think I can, but never hurts to ask.

I would like to transfer my unlimited data to my sons line so I can go to straight talk with my nexus 4. I don't want to just give it up. If I cannot transfer my unlimited data I will just stay with Verizon until they take unlimited away from me.

Thanks!
    I am not sure I understand what you are saying. Spell it out a bit more. Are you and your son both on a family plan on VZN together or do you each have individual VZN plans?

If you each have individual plans, you cannot transfer your unlimited to his line. What you could do though is have him assume billing responsibility on your line and cancel his line then he would have unlimited. It would mean he would now have your phone number and you couldn't port your phone number to another carrier. Of course, this assumes he is off contract and could cancel his plan without a penalty.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Can I transfer my unlimited data to a different phone number on my account?

No, we are both on our family plan. I didn't know if I could move my unlimited plan to his line, on our five line family plan.

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

Default Re: Can I transfer my unlimited data to a different phone number on my account?

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    No, we are both on our family plan. I didn't know if I could move my unlimited plan to his line, on our five line family plan.
    No, you can't move your unlimited data to his phone number. Your son can take over your phone number and then he will have unlimited. You then can cancel his old line assuming he is off contract and you can move to a different carrier but you will need to get a new phone number.

But there is no way to transfer your unlimited data to a new phone number.
    Thanked by:
    zrxoa1 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

As I suspected. Thank you for the info.

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!