Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By piizzadude
  • 1 Post By zrxoa1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question How do I get a Note 2 and Keep UNLIMITED?

I've read through some of the other posts on topic but I am still confused .

I want a Note 2 and am even willing to pay full price for it (non-subsidized) if I can keep my unlimited plan. Of course I would prefer not to have to shell out $700, but if it will save me money in the long run it is worth it (current bill is only $78/month which is less than what the cheapest "upgrade" 2 year family plan seems to be.

The upgrade discount I have on my current phone is only $30 and I am willing to sacrifice that if I can stay unlimited.

I don't really care about keeping my current phone number.

Does this strategy make any sense? My apologies if this has been covered before. I can't find it .
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: How do I get a Note 2 and Keep UNLIMITED?

Just buy it outright. You won't lose anything
    KJ78 likes this.

Hit ebay or Craigslist. But preferably ebay for the buyer protection and make sure it has a clean esn

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Hit ebay or Craigslist. But preferably ebay for the buyer protection and make sure it has a clean esn

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    I disagree. Cl. You can have them meet you at a store, check the esn and condition and then go get squaretrade insurance.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

You can also upgrade using another account if you have multiple phones.
    I upgraded my daughters phone to a GS3 without losing unlimited data. I used an upgrade for a dumbphone and then switched it to her account.

I will be upgrading my phone to the Gnote 2 using a dumbphone account.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Unfortunately I just have one line. If I wanted to get the Note 2 at the subsidized price, I suppose I could add another line with a "dumbphone" and play the upgrade transfer game, but then I would be stuck with an unused second line (which would add $10/month I think).

That is something to think about anyway. Thanks!

Just keep in mind that dumb phone line will have taxes and fees. My three basic phone lines on my account actually cost me $15/month each. So that will add about $360 over the next two years to the cost of the Note 2. In two years, like every other dang android phone, that Note 2 will be about obsolete. LOL

What a game we all play! Haha...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    YourMobileGuru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    Just keep in mind that dumb phone line will have taxes and fees. My three basic phone lines on my account actually cost me $15/month each. So that will add about $360 over the next two years to the cost of the Note 2. In two years, like every other dang android phone, that Note 2 will be about obsolete. LOL

What a game we all play! Haha...
    Right, but the dumb phone lines all have upgrades on them and you can use them to get an iPhone and then sell the iPhone on swappa.com and make up the cost of the dumbphone line so you still come out ahead.