How do I get a Note 2 and Keep UNLIMITED?

JackFirst

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I've read through some of the other posts on topic but I am still confused :p.

I want a Note 2 and am even willing to pay full price for it (non-subsidized) if I can keep my unlimited plan. Of course I would prefer not to have to shell out $700, but if it will save me money in the long run it is worth it (current bill is only $78/month which is less than what the cheapest "upgrade" 2 year family plan seems to be.

The upgrade discount I have on my current phone is only $30 and I am willing to sacrifice that if I can stay unlimited.

I don't really care about keeping my current phone number.

Does this strategy make any sense? My apologies if this has been covered before. I can't find it :-[.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Hit ebay or Craigslist. But preferably ebay for the buyer protection and make sure it has a clean esn

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hit ebay or Craigslist. But preferably ebay for the buyer protection and make sure it has a clean esn

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

I disagree. Cl. You can have them meet you at a store, check the esn and condition and then go get squaretrade insurance.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

billbobaggins

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
You can also upgrade using another account if you have multiple phones.
I upgraded my daughters phone to a GS3 without losing unlimited data. I used an upgrade for a dumbphone and then switched it to her account.

JackFirst

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I just have one line. If I wanted to get the Note 2 at the subsidized price, I suppose I could add another line with a "dumbphone" and play the upgrade transfer game, but then I would be stuck with an unused second line (which would add $10/month I think).

That is something to think about anyway. Thanks!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just keep in mind that dumb phone line will have taxes and fees. My three basic phone lines on my account actually cost me $15/month each. So that will add about $360 over the next two years to the cost of the Note 2. In two years, like every other dang android phone, that Note 2 will be about obsolete. LOL

What a game we all play! Haha...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Just keep in mind that dumb phone line will have taxes and fees. My three basic phone lines on my account actually cost me $15/month each. So that will add about $360 over the next two years to the cost of the Note 2. In two years, like every other dang android phone, that Note 2 will be about obsolete. LOL

What a game we all play! Haha...
Right, but the dumb phone lines all have upgrades on them and you can use them to get an iPhone and then sell the iPhone on swappa.com and make up the cost of the dumbphone line so you still come out ahead.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc