- 55 Posts
Which free phone for new smart phone users?
My parents are both past due for a phone upgrade. Currently they are both using like 4+ year old samsung flip phones. They also have a verizon mifi 2000 internet card for their home internet. I think they are finally ready to creep forward a little bit and look at upgrading. I know my dad needs to learn to text on his for work reasons, mom not so much. I am probably intermediate in my tech knowledge, I have a droid bionic and had it rooted and custom rom up until I got ICS on it. I just want to get them into a smart phone that is going to be easy for them to operate and doesn't cost them anything. They are already paying for the data plan with their wifi card so thats not an issue but they need to upgrade that too so any recommendations there are welcome as well. Thanks!
- 12-20-2012, 01:50 AM #2
Re: Which free phone for new smart phone users?
I realize that this will not be a popular answer on an Android forum, but looking at the free options Verizon has at the moment, I would go with the iPhone 4. The ease of use and straightforward navigation of iOS I would think would also make it easier on new smartphone users. I have played with some entry level android devices and I believe the iPhone would be a more satisfying experience for them.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
- 12-20-2012, 10:23 AM #3
- 12-20-2012, 11:52 AM #4
- 12-20-2012, 06:06 PM #5
- By jontalk in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 42Last Post: 12-23-2012, 04:00 AM
- By dbaxter in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-26-2012, 02:45 PM
- By Other Foot in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 8Last Post: 02-02-2012, 03:33 AM
- By aleman1949 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-13-2012, 10:49 PM
- By topeka_tom in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-02-2011, 08:11 PM