Which free phone for new smart phone users?

Boogan1

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My parents are both past due for a phone upgrade. Currently they are both using like 4+ year old samsung flip phones. They also have a verizon mifi 2000 internet card for their home internet. I think they are finally ready to creep forward a little bit and look at upgrading. I know my dad needs to learn to text on his for work reasons, mom not so much. I am probably intermediate in my tech knowledge, I have a droid bionic and had it rooted and custom rom up until I got ICS on it. I just want to get them into a smart phone that is going to be easy for them to operate and doesn't cost them anything. They are already paying for the data plan with their wifi card so thats not an issue but they need to upgrade that too so any recommendations there are welcome as well. Thanks!

gadgetgeek703

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I realize that this will not be a popular answer on an Android forum, but looking at the free options Verizon has at the moment, I would go with the iPhone 4. The ease of use and straightforward navigation of iOS I would think would also make it easier on new smartphone users. I have played with some entry level android devices and I believe the iPhone would be a more satisfying experience for them.
JMHO

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yup, the iPhone is going to be pretty easy for them to use right out of the box, and all their friends will have one so you won't be their only Tech Support :)
I'd spend the extra bucks on a 4S, personally, but your choice.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Tell them to each spend $50 and get the RAZR M. Well worth the money and the best Android deal on Verizon at the moment.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21