Galaxy Nexus by Samsung

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Is this phone still relative in the scheme of things? What I mean is, Is this phone still popular? I was toying around with upgrading this phone but I mean with the newer phones out is this phone even worth it? Is it faster? slower? What are some of your thoughts?

Thanks

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Its a year old device but it is still holding up pretty well. Software wise its the most up to date on Verizon and will continue to be updated for at least a little while longer. You can usually find it on eBay for $200 in good condition so you can buy it outright without losing unlimited data.

However, it is still a year old so perhaps something a little newer like the current batch of Droid RAZRs or the Samsung Galaxy S3 would be more your thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I had this phone for 13 days last year and found the battery life terrible. I had to recharge late in the afternoon. I have heard of many complaints about battery life with this phone.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Verizon version of the Galaxy Nexus and Iove. Its a lot better than my Incredible 2. I would say its worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
In the enthusiast community, the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon is still very much a relevant device.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
And will continue to be relevant long after the current batch of flagship devices are forgotten.

Battery life I haven't found to be any worse than my previous phone (Samsung Fascinate) then again I use my phone A BUNCH and I just carry around spare batteries so I don't have to worry about it.
For the price it's still a great choice imho and with the money you save on the initial device cost grab a couple spare batteries and a charger for like $15 and you're golden.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08