Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any luck keeping your unlimited plan?

I want to upgrade soon, thinking about just calling customer service and seeing if I can convince them to give me the upgrade price and let me keep my unlimited plan. Anyone else had any luck?

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Any luck keeping your unlimited plan?

Quote Originally Posted by jlgraham View Post
    I want to upgrade soon, thinking about just calling customer service and seeing if I can convince them to give me the upgrade price and let me keep my unlimited plan. Anyone else had any luck?
    Won't happen...

Option 1 - if you have any other lines with a non-smartphone, upgrade that line to the device you want and the move the device to your unlimited line.

Option 2 - if you don't have any other lines, add line with the device you want then swap new device to the unlimited line and put a flip phone from Craigslist on the new line.

There are a few threads detailing both processes here

Sent from my XT926 Vanquish o
    I have sworn upon the alter of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

I've read on here & other forum sites that some folks are having luck keeping their unlimited data w/o paying full retail, but there is no way to tell if they are telling the truth or just trolling. But hey, it's worth a shot right ? As they say...you never know if you don't ask.
    Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by treb1797 View Post
    I've read on here & other forum sites that some folks are having luck keeping their unlimited data w/o paying full retail, but there is no way to tell if they are telling the truth or just trolling. But hey, it's worth a shot right ? As they say...you never know if you don't ask.
    Truth and good luck with it and let us know if you are successful

Sent from my XT926 Vanquish
    I have sworn upon the alter of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notrega View Post
    Truth and good luck with it and let us know if you are successful

I think you misunderstood my post. My advice was to the OP. Lol.
    Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S4
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by treb1797 View Post
    I think you misunderstood my post. My advice was to the OP. Lol.
    :what:

Reading is fundamental

- Thomas Jefferson

hey guys, so i'm in the same boat as a lot of people and am trying to upgrade my phone as well as keep my coveted unlimited data plan. This may be a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure: If I have a smart phone line with unlimited data plan and a second smart phone line that isn't unlimited, can i simply upgrade the limited smart phone line and then later on switch the phone over to my unlimited plan? Everyone's been saying to use a dumb line so I'm not sure if upgrading a smart phone line that isn't unlimited would work.

Also, I'm upgrading from an Iphone 4s to a DNA. The iphone unfortunately wasn't 4g, will I lose my unlimited if im upgrading from 3g to 4g?

Quote Originally Posted by ballsy1o3 View Post
    hey guys, so i'm in the same boat as a lot of people and am trying to upgrade my phone as well as keep my coveted unlimited data plan. This may be a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure: If I have a smart phone line with unlimited data plan and a second smart phone line that isn't unlimited, can i simply upgrade the limited smart phone line and then later on switch the phone over to my unlimited plan? Everyone's been saying to use a dumb line so I'm not sure if upgrading a smart phone line that isn't unlimited would work.

Also, I'm upgrading from an Iphone 4s to a DNA. The iphone unfortunately wasn't 4g, will I lose my unlimited if im upgrading from 3g to 4g?

The way it has been explained to me, yes you can. You upgrade your tiered plan phone and can swap it out to your unlimited data plan and keep unlimited data. There is a key step you have to take to make this work from what I have read. You must first activate the phone you get on the line that you upgraded, then you activate it on the unlimited line. I guess then Verizon's system see's the phone as a non-subsidized phone and leaves you on unlimited data.

I am betting that Verizon is working on closing this back door eventually, or they are just going to take unlimited away all together, which they can since data is not part of our contracts, it is a feature that you can remove at any time, contract does not cover features such as data, text messages, and so on. If data was part of our contracts, people would not get away with having a extra line with a basic phone and upgrade to smart phones and drop the data after you swap phones out, the data would have to stay on that line also if it was part of our contract.