Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default unlimited data and assumption

Is there a way to do an assumption of service with the unlimited data AND keep my number

Default Re: unlimited data and assumption

Quote Originally Posted by conan1071 View Post
    Is there a way to do an assumption of service with the unlimited data AND keep my number
    Please be more specific. Are you asking can you take over someone else's unlimited data plan that has a different number than your current phone number but get your phone number switched to that unlimited data plan?

If that is what you are asking, the answer is no. You cannot switch phone numbers on an unlimited data plan and keep unlimited data.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeYou View Post
    Please be more specific. Are you asking can you take over someone else's unlimited data plan that has a different number than your current phone number but get your phone number switched to that unlimited data plan?

If that is what you are asking, the answer is no. You cannot switch phone numbers on an unlimited data plan and keep unlimited data.
    I have 3 lines with unlimited data and 2 with the $20 discount, We dont use that much data and I am hearing about people "selling" their line on ebay with unlimited data for a lot of money I would like to "sell" 2 of these lines and keep the numbers.

I have 3 lines with unlimited data and 2 with the $20 discount, We dont use that much data and I am hearing about people "selling" their line on ebay with unlimited data for a lot of money I would like to "sell" 2 of these lines and keep the numbers.
    you can't keep the numbers - the numbers go with the line if you do an assumption.

"selling" their line on ebay with unlimited data for a lot of money
    How much are they going for?

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeYou View Post
    How much are they going for?
    The average seems to be $150-$200 but you could go to Ebay and search for 'VERIZON UNLIMITED DATA' if you want to see which listings are active
    Thanked by:

I am in the same boat. I would do the same thing, but Verizon actually thought of this and closed that door. I do not want to lose our numbers, had them for 14 years and don't want to go thru the hassle of changing numbers. Sucks because I would do this to let someone have the unlimited data.

hell, looks like you can get $100 easy enough and still keep your equipment. you would be able to sign up for service with Verizon and not be under contract on top of it.