Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Moving back to Android phone (is the DNA the phone to buy?)

Why not look at NeXus 4 if u want to have an Android experience?? I am considering it myself...

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.

I actually looked hard at the lg optimus G when I was buying my note2. That thing looked nice as hell. My boss has the dna. It is really nice too. Dna has the highest pixel density of any phone right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Nexus 4 is not on Verizon and does not have LTE. As stated, the DNA is seemingly perfect, but battery life would make me worry too much. My Evo 4g always had me chasing battery drain. Not willing to take that chance with a small capacity battery right off the bat.

Bought the Note 2. Enjoying it so far. I think the size can be gotten used to. I heard the Note 3 may be even bigger!?!? I used to say that my Nokia n800 would make a great phone. Overall cubic size of that little brick would probably be bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by scottfish View Post
    Nexus 4 is not on Verizon and does not have LTE. As stated, the DNA is seemingly perfect, but battery life would make me worry too much. My Evo 4g always had me chasing battery drain. Not willing to take that chance with a small capacity battery right off the bat.

Bought the Note 2. Enjoying it so far. I think the size can be gotten used to. I heard the Note 3 may be even bigger!?!? I used to say that my Nokia n800 would make a great phone. Overall cubic size of that little brick would probably be bigger.
    glad you like the Note 2 so far. much like you, I am a front pocket user, though I rarely wear jeans, but mostly khaki slacks. those pockets seem to be deep, and can handle the Note 2. I'm up for an upgrade in July, and the Note 2 is still at the top of my list...with the Razr Maxx HD a distant 2nd. the DNA isn't even on my list.

I guess your location has a lot to do with your phone choice too. I live in Central Illinois and use att. There is no lte coverage here. So lte as a feature hasn't even been on my radar.

Wife has had the DNA since Christmas & the stories of questionable battery have been greatly exaggerated. Full day is ez. Awesome job by htc. Storage is non-issue for her. So is perfect fit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    glad you like the Note 2 so far. much like you, I am a front pocket user, though I rarely wear jeans, but mostly khaki slacks. those pockets seem to be deep, and can handle the Note 2. I'm up for an upgrade in July, and the Note 2 is still at the top of my list...with the Razr Maxx HD a distant 2nd. the DNA isn't even on my list.
    I am up for my upgrade in August...on my birthday even. I don't even have a list at this point because it's a pretty good assumption that anything out right now will not be on it. I am expecting some big summer releases and upgrades to all of the phones that are currently available.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nakrohtap View Post
    I am up for my upgrade in August...on my birthday even. I don't even have a list at this point because it's a pretty good assumption that anything out right now will not be on it. I am expecting some big summer releases and upgrades to all of the phones that are currently available.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    i feel ya. however, I have a tight financial budget to stick to, so I always buy phones that are under a year old, getting the more bang for my buck. the Note 2 has EVERYTHING I want except it's a smidgen too big. don't get me wrong, if the S4 is under $200, I'm getting it. but the note 2 give me much more bang for my buck in July of 2013. Razr Maxx HD was higher on my list, but 1GB of RAM kind of turned me off, compared to the Note. but we shall see.....

Quote Originally Posted by TexasNexus1 View Post
    Wife has had the DNA since Christmas & the stories of questionable battery have been greatly exaggerated. Full day is ez. Awesome job by htc. Storage is non-issue for her. So is perfect fit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    lack of micro SD support completely turned me away from the DNA. I would give it a fair shot, otherwise.

Tried to put the note 2 in my pocket today, nooooo thanks, deal breaker!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

One full week in and I still love this phone. Here's a couple of thoughts:

- Yes it's big. But it DOES fit in my pockets. The stores really should have dummy units without the anti theft devices on them so folks can easily see that it is pocketable (the anti theft cable was what made me think it wouldn't fit)
    - Not only should you think of this as a large phone, but also a small and very usable tablet. I had previously bought a Nexus 7 as a take everywhere in my bag device. This thing has taken over that role completely.
    - if you are on the fence due to size, ask a store employee if you can do the pocket test with an actual phone.
    johnriii likes this.

Really good to hear. Glad you're digging it. It does take over many rolls for me too. I've been thinking of getting a tablet but I don't think I would ever use it because of this phone. I don't even use my laptop much anymore.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Quote Originally Posted by eyepaint2 View Post
    Really good to hear. Glad you're digging it. It does take over many rolls for me too. I've been thinking of getting a tablet but I don't think I would ever use it because of this phone. I don't even use my laptop much anymore.

I 100% NEED a tablet now. The iPad has made me dependent on it. Had I not picked up an iPad 4 when they came out, the Nexus 7 would probably be enough. But having something between the 5.5 inch and 9 inch form factors is just slightly too much redundancy. The 5.5 inch screen is great for surfing on the go, but the larger tablet screen real estate does make browsing more enjoyable and easier. All other apps that don't require prolonged reading are amazing on the Note 2.

All I know is that I just checked Office Depot's return policy and opened tech means store credit only now (when did this happen?). So some lucky sucker will be getting a nearly new Nexus 7 at a 10% discount soon.
    Last edited by scottfish; 01-12-2013 at 03:31 PM.

I actually want either a surface pro or an Acer w700 to replace my laptop that my son has taken over. But both are pretty pricey. Well the surface pro price hasn't been priced out yet but it will be similar to the Acer w700 price I'm sure.

One full week in and I still love this phone. Here's a couple of thoughts:

- Yes it's big. But it DOES fit in my pockets. The stores really should have dummy units without the anti theft devices on them so folks can easily see that it is pocketable (the anti theft cable was what made me think it wouldn't fit)
    - Not only should you think of this as a large phone, but also a small and very usable tablet. I had previously bought a Nexus 7 as a take everywhere in my bag device. This thing has taken over that role completely.
    - if you are on the fence due to size, ask a store employee if you can do the pocket test with an actual phone.
    my verizon store has the dummy phone, and I have gone back several times just to make sure the note 2 will actually fit, not to mention everytime I see it in person the size seems to be that much more tolerable. next to the note 2, my second phone choice (razr maxx hd) is fading further into my rearview mirror.....

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

Honestly I would wait a couple months cause there is some good devices coming. If you have to have it now yes I would go with the DNA if the Note 2 is too big for you. Personally I am hoping to see the Sony Xperia Z on verizon

Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    my verizon store has the dummy phone, and I have gone back several times just to make sure the note 2 will actually fit, not to mention everytime I see it in person the size seems to be that much more tolerable. next to the note 2, my second phone choice (razr maxx hd) is fading further into my rearview mirror.....
    I had a RAZR Maxx HD and I couldn't go back. Too small and feels like a child toy. Great build quality and battery life though. My Note II does make it through the day with no issues.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

After playing with my Nexus 7 (this thing gets the smaller form factor right), I am ready to go back to Android from iOS.

So I want to hit the Verizon store and buy a new phone. Since I get an upgrade in June, I am going to pay full price this go round and sell my iPhone to offset price. This way I can upgrade in 6 months if some killer phone is announced in the next few months.

The Note 2 is simply too big for me. I am a big guy at 6' and 235 lbs on a good day, but if it doesn't fit in my jeans or khakis pocket, I don't want it as a phone.

The Droid DNA seems to be quite a phone, but the battery is a question mark. I was worried at first, but heard Phil on the AC podcast talk about how it wasn't bad. Can other DNA owners weigh in on this?

If not the Note 2 or DNA, is there some other top end phone on Verizon that I am missing? I definitely want to have a powerful phone if I am going to drop the $$ to pick one up.
    Battery on the DNA is just fine. Its a heck of a phone and I get 12-16 hrs of moderate use without doing anything special to conserve it.

This, the Note 2, and Razr Max HD are the beet available right now hands down.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12