- 9 Posts
Questions about upgrading a Verizon 3g aircard to a 4g mifi and keeping unlimited data.
I'm no stranger to buying phones at retail to keep my unlimited data on my Verizon plan. But a friend of mine has a Verizon account and has a 3g aircard and I was wondering if he could buy a 4g card at retail, then just call and switch esn's. Would he be able to keep his unlimited?
Galaxy S3, Galaxy tab II 10.1
- 01-09-2013, 12:31 PM #2
Re: Questions about upgrading a Verizon 3g aircard to a 4g mifi and keeping unlimited data.
With Smartphones, the same data feature code was used for 3G phones and 4G phones so switching was easy.
Not so with Mifis. If your friend upgrades to a 4G device, the computer will recognize his Unlimited plan is for 3G only devices and it'll force him to switch to a 4G plan.
- By chram893 in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 10-29-2012, 02:27 PM
- By broadwayblues in forum VerizonReplies: 4Last Post: 08-02-2012, 11:06 AM
- By GNex Girl in forum VerizonReplies: 10Last Post: 06-28-2012, 02:16 PM
- By wsr1031 in forum VerizonReplies: 6Last Post: 09-06-2011, 01:46 PM
- By Carbon Stig in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 9Last Post: 03-15-2011, 11:10 PM