Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dookie.
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Get out of contract....?

Is there any way to get out of a contract early without paying the ETF? I have rather crappy service where I live anyway and would like to just dump the whole contract thing if possible. I have a year left on 2 of our lines and 15 months left on the third.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Get out of contract....?

If the service is truly that bad, ask to be let out of it. VZW has an army of lawyers that writes up the contracts, so the odds of finding a loophole are very small. However, I've known people (not on VZW though) that have been let out of their contracts because the cell service was so bad, they couldn't reliably call at home.

So if you want out and your service is really THAT bad, just ask. All they can say is no, and they may offer a discount on a network extender, if nothing else. If it's tolerably bad and you still want to dump VZW, your choices are probably eat the ETF or wait out your contracts.

Default Get out of contract....?

Or post your plan up on cellswapper.com or trademycellular or Celltradeusa to see if someone wants to take over your plan.

Im not sure how Verizon works but with Sprint it paid off for me to be the squeaky wheel.

I moved into a new house in early June of last year and instantly our data coverage was poor. I registered a complaint with Sprint customer service about every other week via the chat feature on their website or by calling customer service. After about 3 months of this, I received a call from their Executive Customer Service department to discuss my recent service issues. The rep explained that the 2 towers closest to my house were due for data speed upgrades over the course of the next 60 days. She offered $50 bill credits if I was willing to wait 2 months for the tower upgrades and explained that we could discuss other options if the scheduled upgrades didnt fix my data connection issues. Two months came and went, she called to follow up and I told her that my data speeds had not improved. She mentioned that being released from my contract was an option and I accepted that offer. Both of my lines were released from contract with $0 ETF to be paid. We ported our numbers to Verizon about a month ago and couldnt be happier to finally have a usable data connection other than our home wifi network.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by thecorrigan44 View Post
    Im not sure how Verizon works but with Sprint it paid off for me to be the squeaky wheel.

I moved into a new house in early June of last year and instantly our data coverage was poor. I registered a complaint with Sprint customer service about every other week via the chat feature on their website or by calling customer service. After about 3 months of this, I received a call from their Executive Customer Service department to discuss my recent service issues. The rep explained that the 2 towers closest to my house were due for data speed upgrades over the course of the next 60 days. She offered $50 bill credits if I was willing to wait 2 months for the tower upgrades and explained that we could discuss other options if the scheduled upgrades didnt fix my data connection issues. Two months came and went, she called to follow up and I told her that my data speeds had not improved. She mentioned that being released from my contract was an option and I accepted that offer. Both of my lines were released from contract with $0 ETF to be paid. We ported our numbers to Verizon about a month ago and couldnt be happier to finally have a usable data connection other than our home wifi network.
    I wish I would have filed a complaint. I had Sprint and crap service back in 2005. I tried everything to get out of my contract. They told me to try a new phone, even though they wouldn't give me any credit to get one. I thought it was just bad service in one house, until I moved and it was just as bad. I couldn't make a phone call without stepping outside or leaning on a window.
    I guess submitting an official complaint would be the best way to go so it is logged.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Call verizon. They might send a tech person to check your area. Worth a shot

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Call verizon. They might send a tech person to check your area. Worth a shot.
    This (assuming you would keep VZW if possible).

I did it. They confirmed that the service at my house did suck and was not fixable at the tower, so they instead gave me a network extender for free.
    Jude526 likes this.
    Android4life

When I moved, I had to drop Sprint because literally nearly the entire state was roaming, no Sprint coverage. I got out of my ETFs because of it, but I had to send the phones back to them and prove my new address.