Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Purchasing New Verizon Phone at Costco, Motorola Trade Up Rebate

Hello all,

I'm up for renewal Saturday and I noticed Costco has a great deal on a Razr HD. I currently have Droid X2 and want to take advantage of Motorola's trade up rebate offer. (This is the google/motorola jelly bean trade up rebate program.) I understand if you upgrade at a Verizon store, they'll just give you a $100 gift card in exchange for your old phone for the new one (assuming both are eligible).

I asked the rep at Costco today and he mentioned you'd have to go through the upgrade at Costco, then go to a Verizon store with your old phone to obtain the rebate. He was skeptical they'd give it to you, as am I. Has anyone had any experience with Motorola's rebate offer going through the wireless folks at a Costco store?

Thanks!
    Seth
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,272 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Default Re: Purchasing New Verizon Phone at Costco, Motorola Trade Up Rebate

Quote Originally Posted by sethman2010 View Post
    Hello all,

I'm up for renewal Saturday and I noticed Costco has a great deal on a Razr HD. I currently have Droid X2 and want to take advantage of Motorola's trade up rebate offer. (This is the google/motorola jelly bean trade up rebate program.) I understand if you upgrade at a Verizon store, they'll just give you a $100 gift card in exchange for your old phone for the new one (assuming both are eligible).

I asked the rep at Costco today and he mentioned you'd have to go through the upgrade at Costco, then go to a Verizon store with your old phone to obtain the rebate. He was skeptical they'd give it to you, as am I. Has anyone had any experience with Motorola's rebate offer going through the wireless folks at a Costco store?

Thanks!
    Seth
    He is correct. I dont believe the gift card is instant but yes Verizon will honor it even if you go through one of their resellers.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison