Easiest way to switch between phones with different sim size?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to get some input here. Have both the galaxy Note 2 and the thunderbolt with the note 2 being the one active. They use the 2 different size sim cards. I'm wondering what would happen if I put my old larger sim card back in the thunderbolt. Also what happened since to my note. I have ordered a sim card adapter and hope that will work as I will be able to just put my sim from the note 2 in the thunderbolt with the adapter.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the same setup, Note 2 replaced my Thunderbolt (still have as a backup though). If you try to use the old SIM in the Thunderbolt, it won't work because it gets deactivated in Verizon's system and is rendered useless when the Note 2 was activated. The Note 2's SIM is now the only active one for that line, so you'll need the SIM card adapter to use it in the Thunderbolt to get service. You could try to carefully insert the Note 2's SIM in the Thunderbolt without an adapter, but it's difficult to make sure the contacts are properly lined up, so it's best to stick with using an adapter.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing. I have an iPhone 5 as well and I ordered a sim card adapter kit for $1.08 off Amazon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac