- 802 Posts
Fixing to use upgrade on amazon?
Ok so I am fixing to use an upgrade on a phone from amazon. My questions are:
1. It will be an upgrade on a different line then what I will use it on. Will this matter or make any difference in the process? Can I just pop the sim card in it and go?
2. Will there be the $30 upgrade fee that you get in a Verizon store?
3. It will be a smartphone on a dumb phone line. Will I have to temporarily change my plan for this?
First time doing this so any advice is appreciated.
O and this is on Verizon incase anyone does not see the section.
Sent from my ADR6425LVWHtc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
- 02-25-2013, 12:19 AM #2
Re: Fixing to use upgrade on amazon?
If you switch your phone to a different line then Amazon can and will possibly charge you an ETF fee.
They require you to keep the phone on the line it was purchased under for a min of 180 days.
Some people have not had problems and some have.
Yes Verizon will charge you the $30 upgrade fee.
If you do decide to do this you will temporarly have to add the $30 internet fee to your dumb phone line.
I reccomend going to Best Buy, they will match the price from Amazon and they don't have a problem with switching the phone from one line to another.
I hope this helps.
Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
- 802 Posts
- By Trevalkin in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 8Last Post: 01-31-2012, 09:42 AM
- By KidFr3sH in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 07-19-2011, 01:48 PM
- By drewwalton19216801 in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2011, 02:13 PM
- By BazzBro in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 5Last Post: 02-19-2011, 07:09 PM
- By know1 in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 8Last Post: 07-26-2010, 04:55 PM