Question about ETF(and possibly selling my Incredible)

gmz73#AC

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I will try to keep this short...on Saturday I ported one of my numbers to AT&T(I have 3). The line I ported had an Incredible on it that I got on 6/15/10. Now I know I'm responsible for the ETF which is going to be just shy of $350.

My question is will Verizon prevent that phone from being activated until the ETF is paid and when can I expect to see the charge? What I would like to do is "sell" the Incredible but basically all I am looking for is enough to cover the ETF.

The money doesn't even have to be paid to me(I don't know how I would go about this) but I would gladly ship my phone(in 10/10 condition BTW with 4 cases-2 of them Seidio, car charger) to whomever is interested. I do not want to make any money I just want to cover the ETF as I kept my other two lines on Verizon for my teenagers.

Sorry I didn't really make that short but I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Gina:cool:

Edit-this phone is not for sale yet, will be in the marketplace near the end of the month.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Verizon will add the early term fee to your bill, but they won't stop the phone from being activated until you pay it. As for selling the phone, please feel free to post in the marketplace forum.

gmz73#AC

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Cory I will do that. I am going to call to see if they will make the cancellation effective immediately. If not it will be in the marketplace at the end of the month.

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
From all the times i have p[orted my number in and out of verizon the only time they said i couldnt release that ESN was if my bill was late. So technically as long as the phone is not linked to any lines since you ported that number out then you should be fine to sell it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae