Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  • 1 Post By MBM7881
  • 1 Post By johnriii
  • 1 Post By eshropshire
  • 1 Post By gollum18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    napkinzz's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    Hi guys at AndroidCentral forum,

    Could you please help me here. I just made a survey. This survey is about "what is your favorite carrier?" and it contains only 9 REALLY SIMPLE questions related to carriers.

    I have no intention to SPAM on this forum or any other bad intention through this survey. I just want to gather data from all the forum members here.

    Please, i do really hope that you could spend some of your time to answer 9 simple questions in my survey. I promise, it won't take more than 5 minutes.

    survei1346254.blogspot.com/2013/04/survey-please-help-me-give-votes-for.html

    I would really appreciate all of your help here.
    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    iNeedICS's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

    Default Re: SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    Quote Originally Posted by napkinzz View Post
    Hi guys at AndroidCentral forum,

    Could you please help me here. I just made a survey. This survey is about "what is your favorite carrier?" and it contains only 9 REALLY SIMPLE questions related to carriers.

    I have no intention to SPAM on this forum or any other bad intention through this survey. I just want to gather data from all the forum members here.

    Please, i do really hope that you could spend some of your time to answer 9 simple questions in my survey. I promise, it won't take more than 5 minutes.

    survei1346254.blogspot.com/2013/04/survey-please-help-me-give-votes-for.html

    I would really appreciate all of your help here.
    Thanks.
    I've had Net 10, Simple Mobile, Walmart Family Mobile, T-Mobile, and tracfone

    Number 1 is tmobile! And now their plans are awesome, and LTE is here!

    Sent from Squishy's N⁴
  3. #3  

    Default Re: SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    I've had T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon.

    Verizon is #1 by a wide margin. T-Mobile is distant second and AT&T is far behind that. That's my experience anyways. I can't understand how AT&T can charge nearly the same price as Verizon and stay in business. T-Mobile at least has reasonably priced plans. I will take your survey tomorrow when I'm on my PC if I don't forget about this thread.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    johnriii likes this.
  4. #4  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    601 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,123 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    I've had AT&T, Sprint, and now Verizon and from my personal experience Verizon wins hands down. I loved Sprint but coverage in my area got straight awful and while customer service with them was always great I constantly had dropped calls, texts wouldn't go thru and every time I called they told me that towers were down in my area. I tried to stick it out but after 6 months I had to let them go. I have a son in school and my biggest worry was that something would happen and his school couldn't get a hold of me. And AT&T's prices were just down right ridiculous for me in the past. I'm with Verizon now and love it. True Sprint may have true unlimited data but what good was it when i couldn't use it. I could never connect to the Internet unless i was connected to a WIFI network. And Verizon can be expensive but at least my Internet is blazing fast and I actually have 4G. I'm using the services I'm paying for with Verizon

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    johnriii likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    I've been with Sprint, now verizon for the last ten plus years. my smartphone is my only phone, we have no land line, so I have to have a reliable carrier. Sprint was a nightmare, even in KC, which is a "hub" of Sprint. I kid you not, my wife and I dropped calls with each other daily while on sprint. I've been so happy with verizon, due to it's reliability. despite thier higher pricing, I will stick with what I know works.
    MBM7881 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    I have been on Sprint, AT&T, Verizon and tried T-mobile in my area. Sprint was good in my previous area, but when I moved to my present location - before data - the coverage was awful. Could not make calls from my house - had to go outside and even then was lucky to make a call. Sprint told me for over a year they were working on it, left Sprint, but my neighbors still complain. Had pretty good luck with AT&T 3G, but it was only 3G and it was only in the last 12 months they had enhanced 3G, and now have started rolling out LTE. I switched to Verizon 18 months ago and could not be happier. Service is great. I travel a lot and I always have great service with Verizon. I did try an phone on T-Mobile in my area. I guess they have good service in some locations, but here my experience was beyond bad just getting enough single to make phone calls, in places where Verizon had strong bars and LTE.
    johnriii likes this.
  7. #7  
    gollum18's Avatar

    Posts
    1,510 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

    Default Re: SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    I have had all 4 and I can say sprint is the best simply because of their pricing and customer service.

    In terms of signal quality, coverage, and phone selection I would say verizon (if you like motorola that is).

    That being said t mobile is just starting to gain speed and it will be interesting to see where they end up in the next few years.

    No comment on att (all I have to say is bad memories).

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

    Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

    Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
    MBM7881 likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    Quote Originally Posted by eshropshire View Post
    I have been on Sprint, AT&T, Verizon and tried T-mobile in my area. Sprint was good in my previous area, but when I moved to my present location - before data - the coverage was awful. Could not make calls from my house - had to go outside and even then was lucky to make a call. Sprint told me for over a year they were working on it, left Sprint, but my neighbors still complain. Had pretty good luck with AT&T 3G, but it was only 3G and it was only in the last 12 months they had enhanced 3G, and now have started rolling out LTE. I switched to Verizon 18 months ago and could not be happier. Service is great. I travel a lot and I always have great service with Verizon. I did try an phone on T-Mobile in my area. I guess they have good service in some locations, but here my experience was beyond bad just getting enough single to make phone calls, in places where Verizon had strong bars and LTE.
    funny thing about coverage is, depending on your lifestyle, even the worst carrier can work for you. if you're "local" most of the time, then a cheaper carrier MIGHT work for you. however, I deal with truck drivers in my main job all day everyday, and partially at walmart as a truck unloader. MOST truck drivers will tell you Verizon has the best coverage of the major carriers, and miraculously, Sprint gets good marks as well. I guess it just depends on what you need, and where you are. I just know Verizon's coverage has NEVER let me down, no matter the geographic location, and even in a Tornado warning...
  9. #9  
    gollum18's Avatar

    Posts
    1,510 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

    Default Re: SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    funny thing about coverage is, depending on your lifestyle, even the worst carrier can work for you. if you're "local" most of the time, then a cheaper carrier MIGHT work for you. however, I deal with truck drivers in my main job all day everyday, and partially at walmart as a truck unloader. MOST truck drivers will tell you Verizon has the best coverage of the major carriers, and miraculously, Sprint gets good marks as well. I guess it just depends on what you need, and where you are. I just know Verizon's coverage has NEVER let me down, no matter the geographic location, and even in a Tornado warning...
    Sprint might actually pass verizon in a few years when they get network vision completed.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

    Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

    Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
  10. #10  

    Default Re: SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Sprint might actually pass verizon in a few years when they get network vision completed.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not going to say it's NOT going to happen, but I doubt it. check this out:

  11. #11  

    Default Re: SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    So far for me here in Baltimore TMobile is best. I've had Verizon sprint and most recently TMobile and its far better then the rest for two reasons price and gsm

    Sent from my underrated galaxy s blaze 4g
  12. #12  

    Default Re: SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Sprint might actually pass verizon in a few years when they get network vision completed.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Not saying it won't happen, but Verizon prides itself in its network. That's the only way it can get away with high prices and customer unfriendly policies. If it's network is bested, while everything else remains the same, then people would jump ship fast. Verizon knows this and will do everything in its power to remain number one in total network coverage. There is a reason why 45% of Verizon wireless is worth $120 billion and 100% of sprint is worth $25.5 billion.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
  13. #13  

    Default Re: SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Not saying it won't happen, but Verizon prides itself in its network. That's the only way it can get away with high prices and customer unfriendly policies. If it's network is bested, while everything else remains the same, then people would jump ship fast. Verizon knows this and will do everything in its power to remain number one in total network coverage. There is a reason why 45% of Verizon wireless is worth $120 billion and 100% of sprint is worth $25.5 billion.



    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    wow, I had no idea the gap was that huge. nice.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

    I've had Sprint, Nextel (when they were not owned by Sprint), and Verizon.

    Sprint was HORRIBLE! I couldn't make or receive calls. I would be outside somewhere and still have no signal.

    Nextel was so so. I had them during the 9-11 attacks, and Nextel was the only cell company in NYC that worked through their push to talk. Outside of that one event, I hated the push to talk!

    I've been with Verizon for 10 years now and I've never had a signal problem! Yes, they are not cheap or the most customer friendly, but I have reliable service. In the last year I've had AT&T for my work cell and you can't compare it! I always have a much stronger signal with Verizon than AT&T. Sometimes my AT&T phone doesn't have a signal, and my Verizon will have 3-4 bars.

Similar Threads

  1. Why root and what is tethering, does tethering stay on all the time?
    By Rushkiboy in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 06:30 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 09:26 AM
  3. zee Favorites app display on your X?
    By droidntn in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 07:29 AM
  4. what is the stock music app on the evo 4g?
    By aokusman in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 10:05 AM
  5. What is the Favorites Widgit called?
    By dgalanter in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions

B