Can You Still Get a Nationwide Individual Plan By Doing This?

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a nationwide talk and text family plan. Can I add a line and port a number from Sprint to my plan and then let that person break that line off of my plan as an AOL into an individual nationwide talk and text plan?

That way the person keeps their phone number and can get a Verizon nationwide talk and text plan as an individual.

Also what happens to the contract end date of the new line if I do that? It seems like it would truncate it to 1 year. So isn't that a way to get a subsidized phone with a 1 year contract end date and then you get an upgrade in 1 year instead of 2 years? Or does an AOL keep the same upgrade date even though it truncates the contract end date to 1 year?

Last edited:

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
That would work and the contract would be changed to one year. However, I had the same question about the upgrade date and was advised it would remain the same, so basically you could be out of contract, yet unable to upgrade.

If you call, let me know if you get the same answer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
That would work and the contract would be changed to one year. However, I had the same question about the upgrade date and was advised it would remain the same, so basically you could be out of contract, yet unable to upgrade.

If you call, let me know if you get the same answer.
I did call and I had the rep call the AOL department and they gave the same answer. I wonder if it will change come 4/21?

However, what someone could do is when their VZW contract ends in 1 year, then move to ATT and get another subsidized phone by starting a new contract with ATT. So at least they could get a new subsidized phone in 1 year's time.

At least where I live, ATT will have 4G LTE in our area in 1 year from now so they could still have their 4G LTE. Right now where I live only VZW has 4G LTE.