Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Default Re: Verizon still doing it

I really don't get all of this Verizon hate. If you don't like the company, chances are you have other options. My monthly bill actually went down when I switched from AT&T and service in my area is much better on VZW.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    AZDROIDX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    That might work, but I need the unlimited minutes for work. I am afraid of going over without it. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    You can make calls free over Grooveip. Quality isn't as good and it does use data, but if you are on budget then it is an option.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Thanks for the suggestion, but these are business calls. It's less of a budget concern as it is a why pay Vz more for the same concern. I really don't even csre that much about VVM because I use Google Voice for VM, but again it's the point of it all. Thanks again!

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    all true points. but to some extent, WHAT company out there is really PRO consumer?? their job is to get as much of our money out of our grubby little hands into their grubby little hands. I work for UPS and Walmart, two of the greediest companies on the planet, but both have pretty much cornered the market in thier respective fields, which allows them to be "anti-consumer". you can threaten Walmart all you want about going to Target, but they KNOW you'll be back. Verizon is pretty much the same way. oh yeah, you may leave for a couple of years, but the numbers don't lie...98.9 million subscribers. that is nuts.
    I left for a year after being with Verizon for 16 years. Barely lasted a year with sprint and came back. Sprint was beyond horrible.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    AZDROIDX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, but these are business calls. It's less of a budget concern as it is a why pay Vz more for the same concern. I really don't even csre that much about VVM because I use Google Voice for VM, but again it's the point of it all. Thanks again!

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Android Central Forums
    If it is for business, imo, all the more reason to use Verizon. Yes, it is more costly, but more reliable overall. Cost isn't the be all end all of things, especially for business.

This the same reason why businesses buy dedicated Internet used by many businesses are so much more expensive. You can get personal Internet at 2 gbps for $51 depending on where you live .an oc-3 line which is way slower at around 155 mbps is going to run you tens of thousands of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy5111 View Post
    I left for a year after being with Verizon for 16 years. Barely lasted a year with sprint and came back. Sprint was beyond horrible.

sprint is what I left from to join verizon over ten years ago. if they're horrible now, think about how bad they were back then. I dropped local calls in KC (A Sprint headquarter city) daily. and their customer service was beyond terrible. now I hear they've improved up to just plain terrible. I'd go with Boost mobile before going back to sprint.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

sprint is what I left from to join verizon over ten years ago. if they're horrible now, think about how bad they were back then. I dropped local calls in KC (A Sprint headquarter city) daily. and their customer service was beyond terrible. now I hear they've improved up to just plain terrible. I'd go with Boost mobile before going back to sprint.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't boost mobile run off of sprint towers? Or was that your point and it was just lost on me..

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't boost mobile run off of sprint towers? Or was that your point and it was just lost on me..

LOL...they probably do. either way, Sprint is still way below what I want to pay my hard earned dollar for. I'll stick with "arrogant" verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post

Both boost and vmu are sprint wholly owned subsidiaries.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    They are the only people verifying discounts.

I'd still be getting my auto zone discount from sprint if I was still there.

Once they qualify, let en keep it through the current contract

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Fyi, sprint does audits of discounts too.

Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddytee View Post
    Driving 48 states, I need a signal...nine places out of ten, I get one with Verizon.

I'll pay for that.

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii
    I'm also a driver, and I have zero problems with sprint! We use big reds towers too!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

all true points. but to some extent, WHAT company out there is really PRO consumer?? their job is to get as much of our money out of our grubby little hands into their grubby little hands. I work for UPS and Walmart, two of the greediest companies on the planet, but both have pretty much cornered the market in thier respective fields, which allows them to be "anti-consumer". you can threaten Walmart all you want about going to Target, but they KNOW you'll be back. Verizon is pretty much the same way. oh yeah, you may leave for a couple of years, but the numbers don't lie...98.9 million subscribers. that is nuts.
    That would be the reason, no arguement there. 98.9 Million is alot. Now, if only half of those people called verizon and said they are canceling their services................I wonder what kind of control we would get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    I'm also a driver, and I have zero problems with sprint! We use big reds towers too!

For my uses, Sprint costs 50% MORE than Verizon. Doesn't make sense for me to switch to Sprint to spend $70 more per month. Yes, I get more from Sprint, but of stuff I don't need. However, if it works good for you, great. Just beware of sprint's limits on Roaming

" Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. Sprint As You Go- Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 400 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100 MB or a majority of KB. "

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    For my uses, Sprint costs 50% MORE than Verizon. Doesn't make sense for me to switch to Sprint to spend $70 more per month. Yes, I get more from Sprint, but of stuff I don't need. However, if it works good for you, great. Just beware of sprint's limits on Roaming

" Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. Sprint As You Go- Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 400 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100 MB or a majority of KB. "

Yeah, my phone very seldom has to roam! Been with sprint for 13 years and have never had any problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post

Voice wasn't really a problem for me with sprint. In fact, I had Verizon to fall back on so it may have been a shade better. But data was way beyond horrible.

Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by TeritorialDemon View Post
    That would be the reason, no arguement there. 98.9 Million is alot. Now, if only half of those people called verizon and said they are canceling their services................I wonder what kind of control we would get back.
    that would be AWESOME! problem is, you can barely get TEN people to agree on the same thing the same way, how do you do that with 98.9 million? I guess we can always dream....

that would be AWESOME! problem is, you can barely get TEN people to agree on the same thing the same way, how do you do that with 98.9 million? I guess we can always dream....
    Well, once people realize that you use to get what you paid for is not true anymore than maybe we might get somewhere. I remember paying $80 a month and having Unlimited data. Verizon screwed everyone. Now the average plan is about $120, for 1 line! They get rid of your early upgrade? Hmmm..... Let's see here. How can I put this nicely. Everyone who has Verizon listen up.............Did they use lube on you when they bent you over and shoved it in your @$$? Think about it and you will see what I'm saying.
    jneusch likes this.

Well, once people realize that you use to get what you paid for is not true anymore than maybe we might get somewhere. I remember paying $80 a month and having Unlimited data. Verizon screwed everyone. Now the average plan is about $120, for 1 line! They get rid of your early upgrade? Hmmm..... Let's see here. How can I put this nicely. Everyone who has Verizon listen up.............Did they use lube on you when they bent you over and shoved it in your @$$? Think about it and you will see what I'm saying.
    I see what you're saying, and I agree. but no matter how well your point is stated, people are still going to do what they're going to do. I'm with Verizon, and I'm still on unlimited data for two smartphones. my bill will go up $30/month when I do upgrade, but you know, I think it's worth it. it's a priority to me to be able to make a call, hold said call, and complete said call in between two jobs. frankly speaking, In the ten years plus that I've been with verizon, I would bet I've dropped less than ten calls, no matter which phone I was using, and this is in all geographic areas of the country. NW, SE, SW, you name it, I can get a signal. now, if being with boost mobile works, or Straight talk with Walmart, etc, then great. I just can't afford to take a chance with "sometimey" service. Yes, I would LOVE to drop about $40/month from my bill, but in most cases, you DO get what you pay for.

Not me, I pay less than $45 for my share of the family plan with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE.

Based on q1,the average revenue per account is $150.27,with an average of 2.67 connections per account. So average cost per connection is $56.28

Regardless of what you may think, Verizon is doing very financially. Which really is the bottom line

" Verizon Wireless added 677,000 retail subscribers in the first quarter, slightly higher than Wall Street expectations for about 634,000, according to eight analysts contacted by Reuters.

The operator said its wireless service margin of 50.4 percent based on earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization was a record high. Expectations had ranged from 48.5 percent to 49.9 percent, according to four analysts polled by Reuters.

In comparison, its biggest rival AT&T Inc, which reports first-quarter 2013 results on April 23, posted a wireless margin of 41.6 percent in the year-ago quarter."

AZDROIDX and johnriii like this.

I see what you're saying, and I agree. but no matter how well your point is stated, people are still going to do what they're going to do. I'm with Verizon, and I'm still on unlimited data for two smartphones. my bill will go up $30/month when I do upgrade, but you know, I think it's worth it. it's a priority to me to be able to make a call, hold said call, and complete said call in between two jobs. frankly speaking, In the ten years plus that I've been with verizon, I would bet I've dropped less than ten calls, no matter which phone I was using, and this is in all geographic areas of the country. NW, SE, SW, you name it, I can get a signal. now, if being with boost mobile works, or Straight talk with Walmart, etc, then great. I just can't afford to take a chance with "sometimey" service. Yes, I would LOVE to drop about $40/month from my bill, but in most cases, you DO get what you pay for.
    I agree with your statement that you get what you pay for. I am just trying to get across to people that WE do in fact have the power to get verizon to lower the costs and give us back what they took. Unlimited data, don't charge us $30 to upgrade our devices, etc. Verizon has taken aaway and charged more for less. I am going with someone else.....smart talk is actually good, service almost everywhere Verizon is! $45 a month for unlimited EVERYTHING! Beats $120 a month and only unlimited mobile to mobile
    johnriii likes this.

I agree with your statement that you get what you pay for. I am just trying to get across to people that WE do in fact have the power to get verizon to lower the costs and give us back what they took. Unlimited data, don't charge us $30 to upgrade our devices, etc. Verizon has taken aaway and charged more for less. I am going with someone else.....smart talk is actually good, service almost everywhere Verizon is! $45 a month for unlimited EVERYTHING! Beats $120 a month and only unlimited mobile to mobile
    Again, I am paying less than $45 for my share of the family plan with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE.

With regards to smart(straight?) talk, their $45 plan is unlimited with a huge asterisk. If you have what they consider excessive usage then they will can you. I have heard of people getting canned for less than 3gb a month. That to me isn't true unlimited. In comparison, Verizon is truly unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE. I don't know if there is a limit but I know people over 100gb a month and no complaints. I myself am more modest at 60gb.

Also mvno do not get priority in cell tower

straight talk does not offer 4GLTE.

StraightTalk also does not get subsidies, which are to me worth $15-25 a month.

So yes, you get what you pay for. But if you know how to deal, you can get verizon for a much more reasonable price

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Again, I am paying less than $45 for my share of the family plan with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE.

With regards to smart(straight?) talk, their $45 plan is unlimited with a huge asterisk. If you have what they consider excessive usage then they will can you. I have heard of people getting canned for less than 3gb a month. That to me isn't true unlimited. In comparison, Verizon is truly unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE. I don't know if there is a limit but I know people over 100gb a month and no complaints. I myself am more modest at 60gb.

Also mvno do not get priority in cell tower

straight talk does not offer 4GLTE.

StraightTalk also does not get subsidies, which are to me worth $15-25 a month.

So yes, you get what you pay for. But if you know how to deal, you can get verizon for a much more reasonable price

Nice catch. since i work part time at Wal-Mart locally, I've had several people inquire as to how reliable is straight talk. of course $45/month for unlimited everything SOUNDS great. I, for one, did not know they didn't offer 4GLTE. even the people in my store who work in electronics don't really know how reliable it is, I've just told them to research on the internet for themselves, I'm sure they can find out. Sadly, this is how most people get caught with a less than servicable item....GOOD MARKETING. hell, the tv ads even had ME thinking I need to look into it. but then I woke up.....

Nice catch. since i work part time at Wal-Mart locally, I've had several people inquire as to how reliable is straight talk. of course $45/month for unlimited everything SOUNDS great. I, for one, did not know they didn't offer 4GLTE. even the people in my store who work in electronics don't really know how reliable it is, I've just told them to research on the internet for themselves, I'm sure they can find out. Sadly, this is how most people get caught with a less than servicable item....GOOD MARKETING. hell, the tv ads even had ME thinking I need to look into it. but then I woke up.....
    Also it is not true unlimited. From what I have read they cut your data off if you used too much which seems to be somewhat close to 2gb.

Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

Look at it this way. They could lay off thousands of people or cut back on discounts...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

If we all actually band together and can go a couple months without our precious phones then we would all get the $45 a month service with unlimited data. DPHAM00, how are you only paying $45 a month for your service? I can only think of one way and that is that you are on a family share plan. If this is the case then yes, you have a good deal. I am refering to the primary line paying the most. Anyways, anyone can check out the prices at verizons website. Ny thing is this ok. If you are happy paying more for less then good for you. I for one will most likely be done with Verizon as soon as my contract ends. Not even prepay services that verizon offers is worth staying. As for 4GLTE, here's my take on that. It's a little faster than 3G but not a big deal seriously. Seems like 4GLTE only gets used when people can't get on WiFi. Nothing against 4GLTE, I own a LG Lucid and have noticed a faster connection then my previous 3G devices. It just goes to show you how many people out there who will pay anything because they can't be without there precious internet, for just a mere 2-3 months. I don't want to come off as being a ***** but come on people. Do you really not have anything better to do other than be on a phone talking, tweeting, facebooking, etc? Our social interaction is being ruined. Our children will grow up with no skills. Eventually we won't have people to keep everything up to code so we can enjoy what we already do. The proof is out there. I can give at least 10 times where kids would rather be on there phones then actually live life they way they should. But I know some will argue. It's fine, those who choose that lifestyle will never have closeness.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast