Verizon still doing it

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Sales record profit even with all the people out there tired of their high prices and jumping ship.

Verizon Wireless Announces Record Profits, Sales of 4 Million iPhones

it just goes to show, verizon is doing SOMETHING right. I don't know what it is, but it's SOMETHING. and those jumping ship may land in waters less shark infested, but they are out there, and they are multiplying. it's not a matter of if, but when. I'm sticking with the most reliable network.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
it just goes to show, verizon is doing SOMETHING right. I don't know what it is, but it's SOMETHING. and those jumping ship may land in waters less shark infested, but they are out there, and they are multiplying. it's not a matter of if, but when. I'm sticking with the most reliable network.

Same here, moved my teens to Tmobile almost 2 years ago and as they start leaving to college her soon we will look at them moving back to Verizon. Just traveling as a family we see how unreliable it is not having Verizon. Don't want my kids going to school, some out of state , and not have a reliable way to reach us or maybe rely on their network for school work.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I personally have never had a problem with VZW and have been with them for years. I don't like their current announcement about their new upgrade policy to parallel your upgrade date with the end of your contract. Example my upgrade is Aug but contract ends in Dec. but I am not too worried as I usually take my time anyway. IMO you can't hardly beat their network overall.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is becoming more and more anti consumer by the month.

1. Getting rid of unlimited data, yet pushing the cloud (to their credit though, for a single line plan they are now cheaper than AT&T)
2. No longer allowing subsidized upgrades with unlimited data
3. No longer allowed to use a jet pack or tablet or even HPC lines upgrade for a phone upgrade
4. No longer allowing early upgrades despite all the competition still doing it
5. Kicking people off of the corporate discounts

It's like they are on a mission to **** off as many people as possible to prove that they can still offer the worst terms and still keep customers

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

1. Getting rid of unlimited data, yet pushing the cloud (to their credit though, for a single line plan they are now cheaper than AT&T)
3. No longer allowed to use a jet pack or tablet or even HPC lines upgrade for a phone upgrade

It's like they are on a mission to **** off as many people as possible to prove that they can still offer the worst terms and still keep customers

2.you can transfer the upgrade to a non unlimited line

5.I still get corporate discount.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

all true points. but to some extent, WHAT company out there is really PRO consumer?? their job is to get as much of our money out of our grubby little hands into their grubby little hands. I work for UPS and Walmart, two of the greediest companies on the planet, but both have pretty much cornered the market in thier respective fields, which allows them to be "anti-consumer". you can threaten Walmart all you want about going to Target, but they KNOW you'll be back. Verizon is pretty much the same way. oh yeah, you may leave for a couple of years, but the numbers don't lie...98.9 million subscribers. that is nuts.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
2.you can transfer the upgrade to a non unlimited line

5.I still get corporate discount.

2. Only on a family plan
5. Yeah but they are starting to "validate" and kick plenty of people off

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
boom.

Verizon Q1 2013 earnings: another big quarter for big red | Android Central

Uh. Who says they're kicking qualified users off of their corporate discounts?

And more and more "anti-consumer" yet people are sticking with them and people are still signing up. lol

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
2. Only on a family plan
5. Yeah but they are starting to "validate" and kick plenty of people off

2. You can create a family share plan from two individual plans. I agree it is a pain and a valid complaint, just pointing out that there are ways around it.

Btw, you could do it on an individual plan too, upgrade at best buy online , and choose to keep existing data plan. When activating the phone, it will prompt you of the data plan change, but with enough persistence, you should be able to get unlimited data back. If course, it is risky and not for the faint of heart, just saying that it might be possible if you can't find any friends relatives or even strangers who are willing to join you to get a family plan .

5. The validation process is pretty easy and will only take a minute. If you do currently work for a qualified employer, then you should have nothing to worry. Of you are fraudulently claiming that you currently work for a company when you dont, then I have no issues with them removing your discount.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
5. The validation process is pretty easy and will only take a minute. If you do currently work for a qualified employer, then you should have nothing to worry. If you are fraudulently claiming that you currently work for a company when you dont, then I have no issues with them removing your discount.

Same here.

All Verizon is doing with this is auditing their system to see if people still qualify. If you no longer qualify, you shouldn't receive the discount.

If there is something wrong with them doing this, please let me know.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
They are the only people verifying discounts.

I'd still be getting my auto zone discount from sprint if I was still there.

Once they qualify, let en keep it through the current contract

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Their network coverage lead over the other carriers is undeniable. I'll probably sign on for one more contract with big red. After that, hopefully the competition will have caught up with their LTE build outs.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Because they are the only ones re-verifying qualification, then it's bad?

It is my understanding that for Verizon, as you are employed by a company in the discount program, you are eligible to receive the discount. You are not supposed to receive that discount if you no longer work for that company.

Again, tell me what's wrong with Verizon enforcing the policy attached to their discount program?

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Their prices are not THAT much higher than the competition and sorry, people are not jumping ship like the tiny group of people on AndroidCentral who keep claiming it would like to think.

Verizon is the largest carrier for good reasons. Among them is they have far and away the largest and most robust network .Probably has something to do with the massive dollars the plunge every year into network upgrades and maintenance. Their CS reps sometimes come off like Ruprecht the Monkey Boy but I can't argue with never dropping calls and getting LTE signals out in remote locations consistently.

As to auditing Corporate Discounts, that's called being a responsible company. They SHOULD do that.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Their prices are not THAT much higher than the competition and sorry, people are not jumping ship like the tiny group of people on AndroidCentral who keep claiming it would like to think.

Verizon is the largest carrier for good reasons. Among them is they have far and away the largest and most robust network .Probably has something to do with the massive dollars the plunge every year into network upgrades and maintenance. Their CS reps sometimes come off like Ruprecht the Monkey Boy but I can't argue with never dropping calls and getting LTE signals out in remote locations consistently.

As to auditing Corporate Discounts, that's called being a responsible company. They SHOULD do that.

Verizon is actually cheaper than AT&T

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

If you are defrauding other companies and they let you, then shame on them. I am all for getting deals but only ones that I qualify for. I don't want a company to accidentally lose money because of a mistake. Case and point, I bought my Note II for $37. Even though they hassled me about price matching, I did tell them that they messed up, but they didn't care. I had another occasion when another company over refunded me. I contacted them and they said to just keep it.

Honestly, my integrity is worth more than whatever savings there are involved in intentionally committing fraud either by my actions or omissions.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Their network coverage lead over the other carriers is undeniable. I'll probably sign on for one more contract with big red. After that, hopefully the competition will have caught up with their LTE build outs.

I second that thought. IF t-mobile or Sprint can improve their "nationwide" coverage and keep the same pricing or similar, then sure, I'm open to leave. but Verizon provides me with what I want: a damn near perfect network and blazing fast LTE, even on an "old" smartphone.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I for one will be leaving when my contractis up next month. There is no denying their robust network, but their over-tinkering of phones, slow updates, extra fees and charges, lack of early upgrades, and highest price of any provider will lead me away. It's the only form of protest I know, and unfortunately, it will mean nothing to them.

4 smart phone lines with 6gb and 20% corp discount
VZ AT&T
$160 $140
$64 $72 Data
$15 $0 Good app
$3 $0 Visual Voice Mail
$242 $212

I understand that a lot of people don't use the Good app, but VZ is the only company to charge for it, and they only charge Android users, not iPhone users. They are also the only company to charge for VVM. Multiple calls got me nowhere on the extra charges and emails go unreturned. I doubt any company really cares, but they have made it clear to me that they don't. I even ported a number out to test another network and not even a call or email to find out why, or a "we want you back" solicitation.

I will miss LTE everywhere, but AT&T is a close second near me.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol