1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon No Longer Truncates Contract Lengths Down to 1 Year When You Assume Liability

Starting on 4/21/13, Verizon stopped truncating the contract lengths to 1 year when you did an AOL. Prior to that date, if you assumed liability of a line and the contract length was greater than 1 year, they reduced that down to 1 year.
    I voided my warranty.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Verizon No Longer Truncates Contract Lengths Down to 1 Year When You Assume Liability

My contract is up july 30... Never again will i sign a mobile cell contract. Next phone will be note 3 on the new payment plan. Unlimited Data til death... Actually i will pass it down to my kids then let them pass it down to their kids

iSheep... iSheep... Meowww that's Apple VZW GSIII

Default Re: Verizon No Longer Truncates Contract Lengths Down to 1 Year When You Assume Liability

Quote Originally Posted by Droid3r View Post
    My contract is up july 30... Never again will i sign a mobile cell contract. Next phone will be note 3 on the new payment plan. Unlimited Data til death... Actually i will pass it down to my kids then let them pass it down to their kids
    I'm in the same line of thinking as you. Just like those car commercials about passing it down. Let's just hope Verizon doesn't take it away from us though.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Let's just hope Verizon doesn't take it away from us though.
    If you are in a family plan with a line that doesn't have unlimited, you can transfer your unlimited data line's upgrade to that line, utilize the upgrade on that line and extend your unlimited data line's contract by 2 years. Let's hope Verizon doesn't take that loophole away from us!
    I voided my warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid3r View Post

iSheep... iSheep... Meowww that's Apple VZW GSIII
    The whole point of not having a contract is to be able to go from carrier to carrier. You cant do that with a Verizon phone. Plus you are paying for a line that is assuming the subsidized cost of a phone you bought unsubsidized.

Also once you are off contract, Verizon can do whatever they want to your plan so I doubt it will last. Its why I sold mine for $200 and went prepaid.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioG View Post
    The whole point of not having a contract is to be able to go from carrier to carrier. You cant do that with a Verizon phone. Plus you are paying for a line that is assuming the subsidized cost of a phone you bought unsubsidized.

Also once you are off contract, Verizon can do whatever they want to your plan so I doubt it will last. Its why I sold mine for $200 and went prepaid.
    You can change carriers anytime with Verizon just pay etf up to $350, which is essentially the subsidy received.

You can use tmobile which doesn't have contracts, and get a phone on their device payment plan. If you leave, tout don't have to pay etf, but you have to pay a balloon payment up to $480.

With prepaid, you are covering the etf or balloon payment, since you bring your own phone.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II