Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon has begun "Corporate Discount Validation"

I logged into My Verizon and was prompted to attach a pay stub or use a corporate e-mail address in order to keep my discount. Just a heads up for everyone!

Note: Check stub must be within a 60 day period from the date of submission. Not all accounts have gotten this notice yet as I have noticed my dad didn't receive one.

From my Verizon Validation Status Screen:

"Your employment validation is not complete. Refer to the Recent Submissions section below for more information. Please complete your employment validation by 06/09/2013."
    Last edited by Eclipse2K; 05-12-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Global Posts
    5,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Verizon has begun "Corporate Discount Validation"

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I logged into My Verizon and was prompted to attach a pay stub or use a corporate e-mail address in order to keep my discount. Just a heads up for everyone!
    Was this the first time you'd had to do this or a re-check type of thing? I had to provide proof when setting up my account.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Was this the first time you'd had to do this or a re-check type of thing? I had to provide proof when setting up my account.
    This is my second time doing so. The check stub must be within 60 days for verification. My dad did not get a prompt to update but I did and it's been said Verizon will be doing this in May of 2013. I initially validated back in 2008 when I joined Verizon and had to do it again today.
    Thanked by:

I was told by a Verizon rep that they were going to do this every 6 months.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Tan View Post
    I was told by a Verizon rep that they were going to do this every 6 months.
    This would make sense. Verizon is wise for doing this because it will increase their profits without raising their actual prices. As a consumer I'm against this but from a corporate standpoint its understandable. I'm still eligible for a discount so I'm not worried but in terms of the job world we never know where we will be tomorrow.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

This would make sense. Verizon is wise for doing this because it will increase their profits without raising their actual prices. As a consumer I'm against this but from a corporate standpoint its understandable. I'm still eligible for a discount so I'm not worried but in terms of the job world we never know where we will be tomorrow.

They're the only one doing that.

As the second most expensive carrier, they can afford to let these people keep the discount

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post

As the second most expensive carrier, they can afford to let these people keep the discount

But ask yourself this; why should Verizon allow us? I don't choose Verizon because I want to pay more. I do so knowing they invest into their network thus making the prices reasonable. I look at a discount as an additional bonus. I can't expect to keep it forever but I'm glad I have it.

I see this as no different than my monthly "Verizon Billing Validation". They have the right (and obligation) to verify that the discounts they are honoring are valid just as I do with my monthly bill. Anything else is a disservice to both Verizon and the partner company the discount was provided by.
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Motorola Razr Maxx HD, iPhone 4, Blackberry 9650
    Blackberry Playbook 16gb WiFi tablet
    Ry and Darth Spock like this.

Yeah, makes sense. My annoying coworker always brags that he still gets 20% off from his discount from a company he left 10 years ago. Maybe this will shut him up.
    Darth Spock likes this.

There are many things i don't like about Verizon, but this is not one of them. I have no problem with this. The employee discount is contingent on your continuing employment at a qualifying employer.

This is similar to getting a good driver discount for not having any accidents within a specified time frame. If you get an att fault accident, the insurance company would raise your rates

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

It might not increase profits as much as they think. My account is already over-subscribed on the data plan by quite a bit. The expiration of my old employee discount is just going to encourage me to reevaluate my data package.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Sounds like Verizon is just trying to make more money off of people. What's new?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Sounds like Verizon is just trying to make more money off of people. What's new?

Discounts are based on your continued employment by a company. This is no different than any other discount. Its been in the terms for a while and Verizon had been lenient about it in the past. Its really about time they started doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post

Not really. They're making sure people that get a discount actually have a right to receive it.

This is actually a pretty important thing, because the level of discount a company gets is often based on the number of subscribers that are attached to said company. If a company or Verizon don't actually have an accurate number of people receiving the discount, that's an issue.
    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 3:
    Eclipse2K, dpham00 and Darth Spock like this.

Responded to you in the other thread but will copy it here as well

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verizon has begun "Corporate Discount Validation"-uploadfromtaptalk1368405098532.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Responded to you in the other thread but will copy it here as well

No they don't unless they JUST started doing it.

Until may I was getting a discount since I quit auto zone back in '08

No they don't unless they JUST started doing it.

Until may I was getting a discount since I quit auto zone back in '08

Att and T-Mobile do it too.

Darth Spock likes this.

Note: Check stub must be within a 60 day period from the date of submission. Not all accounts have gotten this notice yet as I have noticed my dad didn't receive one.

From my Verizon Validation Status Screen:

"Your employment validation is not complete. Refer to the Recent Submissions section below for more information. Please complete your employment validation by 06/09/2013."
    That is because the company you work for signed a new contract with Verizon Wireless which stipulates that people getting corporate employee discounts must verify employment.

It is not a change across all corporate accounts nor can it be. It would null void every single contract which is not something they will do and it will create a mass exodus of companies away from Verizon Wireless due to unprofessional business practices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Att and T-Mobile do it too.

Still have the discount from them and I've been gone from that company for over 7 months. Try again

Global Posts
    5,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Still have the discount from them and I've been gone from that company for over 7 months. Try again

Quote Originally Posted by bergeronjc View Post
    That is because the company you work for signed a new contract with Verizon Wireless which stipulates that people getting corporate employee discounts must verify employment.

It is not a change across all corporate accounts nor can it be. It would null void every single contract which is not something they will do and it will create a mass exodus of companies away from Verizon Wireless due to unprofessional business practices.
    If you notify your carrier that your are no longer eligible for the discount, they'll be happy to remove it.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Either way Verizon has been talking about doing this in general so it's bound to happen. And voiding this discount does not nullify a contract because it's not part of the contract. You sign the contract prior to receiving any discount from your employer. You may get extra perks by having this agreement but in no way does it void a contract if taken away.

Att and T-Mobile do it. I know from experience.

We know it is a change across all accounts. This was something that leaked several months ago. This would not have any effect whatsoever on current contracts because the people that would be affected are not covered by the contracts to begin with.

Thanked by:
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,195 Global Posts

I really don't understand why people are having an issue with Verizon doing this reverification. Receiving that corporate discount is contingent with you still being employed by that company. If you're no longer with that company, you don't deserve to get that discount anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    cg101, hokiesteve and Darth Spock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Att and T-Mobile do it. I know from experience.

AT&T may do it but t mobile doesn't.

I'm still getting the discount I was getting before

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast