Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ....

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

Define "best"
Best build quality and materials? Nope.
Best screen? Nope.
Best service and support? Double nope.
Best camera? Nope. The iPhone 5 camera is still better.
Best performance? Nope. Lag including after the updates.
I'm happy for you that you like your S 4 but saying it is the best over and over just because you say so isn't very convincing.
I may yet get an S 4 but it is with an awareness I am making some compromises in doing so.

They already are carrying the best smartphone ever, the galaxy s 4.

But there's no good reason for Verizon to not have the one as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

People still say haters gonna hate?
There is certainly flex, creaky flex in the S 3 and S 4. It's like saying there is no lag when there clearly is.
Haters gonna hate. There's nothing rational about it, and nothing you can do about it

It's clear you've never used an S3 or S4. Not a hint of bend or flex in them, unlike the HTC 1x, / Evo 4G LTE which often came out of the box bent. But don't let facts stand in the way of a good bad opinion.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Define "best"
Best screen? Nope.
I'm happy for you that you like your S 4 but saying it is the best over and over just because you say so isn't very convincing.
I may yet get an S 4 but it is with an awareness I am making some compromises in doing so.

Yes it's the best

Best battery? Yes
Best processor? Yes
Best features? Yes
Best build quality? Yes (materials, i give you that but quality, definitely)
Best user experience? Yes
Most functional phone? Definitely

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

People still say haters gonna hate?
There is certainly flex, creaky flex in the S 3 and S 4. It's like saying there is no lag when there clearly is.

Samsung phones do creak. That's the one thing I can't stand but their overall offerings are worth the annoyance. I can't stand creaks either but I've learned to tolerate it. I do think the HTC One looks nice but after using the Note II, which I consider to be better than the S4 due to screen size, I could never go smaller.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Samsung phones do creak. That's the one thing I can't stand but their overall offerings are worth the annoyance. I can't stand creaks either but I've learned to tolerate it. I do think the HTC One looks nice but after using the Note II, which I consider to be better than the S4 due to screen size, I could never go smaller.

The galaxy s III and 4 do not creak

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Define "best"
Best screen? Nope.

He technically can think that. It us his opinion.. But that's it. So just take his posts as an opinion and go on with it.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

They definitely creak. My Note 2 creaked, my Note 8 doesn't even have a removable back and it creaks. They might as well make creaking a feature of the device. They're good devices, don't get me wrong, but if you try to tell me a cow doesn't say moo I'd just look at you funny.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

They definitely creak. My Note 2 creaked, my Note 8 doesn't even have a removable back and it creaks. They might as well make creaking a feature of the device. They're good devices, don't get me wrong, but if you try to tell me a cow doesn't say moo I'd just look at you funny.

I've never noticed the creaking since i always have an Otterbox defender case on my phone. I'm glad too. Creaking would have drove me nuts lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

I've never noticed the creaking since i always have an Otterbox defender case on my phone. I'm glad too. Creaking would have drove me nuts lol

If you keep it cased, the case absorbs the pressure of you squeezing it.
I'm using my Note 8 to type this. I truly believe it is the best tablet on the market. That said, it creaks like an old boat if I squeeze it.

Posted via Android Central App

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm using my Note 8 to type this. I truly believe it is the best tablet on the market. That said, it creaks like an old boat if I squeeze it.

When i was a blackberry user the trackpad squeaked on my 9650. It was the worse lol. I have he Note 10.1 tablet but that's in a case too

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

My RAZR Maxx creaked like an old boat too! But the RAZR HD was a tank and a half and made absolutely no noise at all. My Note II is a creaking machine but still the best phone. I just try to resist temptation to squeeze it. :D

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The May 22nd announcement is probably our last hope. After that, it's likely we'll be waiting for the next DNA in the fall. Fingers crossed. :)

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

The Galaxy S3 and 4 do not creak

I have not noticed this with my normal usage of my phone? If I put one hand on the top and the other on the bottom and then twist yes I can hear a creak but I don't normally use my phone in this manner. If an aluminum phone is used in this manner and you tweak it just a little to much it more than likely will not come back to the original shape. Plastic and this is not just everyday plastic Samsung and other phone companies use. Check into automobiles and the plastic now used in automobiles. More plastic is used in the 2013 autos than was used in 2011 or 2012 autos as they have to make them lighter for better fuel economy but they still also have to meet government safety standards. As far as I am concerned the plastic/aluminum argument just don't seem to come out in the wash. Each of use have out own preferences aluminum/plastic and then we put a plastic case on it to protect it from everyday usage so what is the point? I know some people don't use a case but what will that phone look like at the end of 2 years when you want a new phone and you want to sell your old one to someone who wants a different phone and don't mind a 2 year old updated phone from what they have for much less than buying a new one. I have heard some people just purchased a DROID X or X2. Look at how old that phone is today. These phone can very easily be used on VZW prepaid as they don't get 4G/LTE. YMMV

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Of course they do, but choosing an alternative might mean a lack of service at home or at work or both which basically means the alternative choices are mostly worthless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Sprint will handout free AirRaves very easily if you ask nicely. AT&T has been known to send MCells even when the customer didn't ask, and they'll send one for free if you need it and ask very nicely. Verizon will charge you money for the privilege of you using your internet to extend their network...I don't actually know a single person who convinced Verizon to send a free network extender...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Sprint will handout free AirRaves very easily if you ask nicely. AT&T has been known to send MCells even when the customer didn't ask, and they'll send one for free if you need it and ask very nicely. Verizon will charge you money for the privilege of you using your internet to extend their network...I don't actually know a single person who convinced Verizon to send a free network extender...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Verizon offered several of us free extenders a few years ago but I declined it. Do these extenders help other people outside if my home by using my internet? I never really looked into it but if it did I'm glad I said no because I'm not sharing my bandwidth. :D

Besides, I get good service so why have another device?

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Verizon offered several of us free extenders a few years ago but I declined it. Do these extenders help other people outside if my home by using my internet? I never really looked into it but if it did I'm glad I said no because I'm not sharing my bandwidth. :D

Besides, I get good service so why have another device?

You can control what phone numbers use them from My Verizon. They also have a very short limit on distance other outside can pick them up. I lived in the country on 4 acres so unless someone was sitting in my driveway it did not make any difference. Where I am now the signal on the outside of my house is very usable but inside is not so I sold the network extender which does not do 4G/LTE and bought equipment that would pick up the signal outside and repeat that signal inside my house. This equipment works very well for me.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

After always seeing posts about how great a phone this HTC ONE is, I went and checked the specs and some reviews. It's just my opinion, but it's a nice looking phone, but I really don't see what's so great about it. It doesn't have expandable memory card slot, I hear it's suppose to take good pics (only a 4 megapixal camera), I like the speakers in the front and no bezel, that's about it. I know it's just my opinion, but from all the posts I see, it's the greatest thing ever!
All I remember about HTC phones, is that their battery life sucked. I've never owned one, but that's what I always read. Maybe they changed that with the ONE.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

The memory card slot doesn't do much for me. The biggest most important thing SD card slots do for phone users is allow a way to get firmware onto the device in case of a breakdown during flashing etc. As far as I go, I use Google music for music. All my documents are stored in the cloud, and also using play for movies/tv now that I have an MHL adapter. There's not much I really care to store on my phone itself. Mostly my storage is used for apps and app data, which an external card will not handle natively.
I plan on keeping my HTC One stock when it arrives. I don't really feel like doing the whole rom thing again. It's just a hassle. Maybe I'll root it to be able to use Sixaxis Controller but other than that there's no need.
It all comes down to your usage habits. If you're planning on using your phone as an MP3 player instead of streaming from the cloud, you're going to require an external SD card in most cases. This is not my usecase so I have no need or desire to fool around with an SD card.
As far as batteries go I feel that portable battery packs are just as effective as a battery swap. This is only important to my usecase when I play Ingress. In the end, time will tell if I'll get a day's worth of battery out of the One or not on a single charge. If it doesn't happen that's going to be fine with me. I have a charger at home, at work, and in my car. It's not a big deal for me to throw it on there for 20 minutes or so.
Again, these are my thoughts and uses. They won't work for everyone. I can think of plenty of uses where SD cards and battery swapping would be almost required (hiking, geocaching, etc). For me having the battery sandwiched between the PCB and LCD allows a better shape to the phone that'll make it feel nice in my hand. This design was very thought out and intentional. What I wouldn't mind seeing in the future is a slot on the top or bottom of the phone for a battery that allows swapping ala PCMCIA cards in laptops (if any of you guys remember those) but perhaps work like the mechanisms used in phones' microSD slots with the click in and out as opposed to the push button thingy PCMCIAs use. Any thoughts on that? I'm sure someone could engineer that.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

After always seeing posts about how great a phone this HTC ONE is, I went and checked the specs and some reviews. It's just my opinion, but it's a nice looking phone, but I really don't see what's so great about it. It doesn't have expandable memory card slot, I hear it's suppose to take good pics (only a 4 megapixal camera), I like the speakers in the front and no bezel, that's about it. I know it's just my opinion, but from all the posts I see, it's the greatest thing ever!
All I remember about HTC phones, is that their battery life sucked. I've never owned one, but that's what I always read. Maybe they changed that with the ONE.

You got it correct...the memory slot may not do much for some people but I need it and I need 64gb. This thing don't have much of a battery and it is built in to the handset as the MOTO RAZR MAXX and MAXX HD but they both have decent batteries. MOTO probably has better reception as well. I know the RAZR had great reception I just could not live with the sd card of only 32gb. Those that like these things good luck with it. It in no way works for me. I want my music on my device. The cloud uses data and data cost money. Some of us may have unlimited data now but it will be limited for everyone soon don't kid yourself. These companies are in a race to stop unlimited data. VZW will be cutting voice over to VoLTE by the end of this year and in 2014 they will be selling 4G/LTE w/o cdma or 1X they will be using those to sell to the prepaid customers only. They want you to use all the data your want cause they will be charging you for it and laughing all the way to their bank. 16gb phones w/32gb sd slots will be money makers for them not to mention 32gb phones w/o sd slots. I have not seen any pictures taken with the HTC one as yet but I have seen pictures taken with the S4 which everyone can go look at above. I have also seen a comparison of the S4 photos with photos taken by iphone which can also be seen above.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11