Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
Like Tree13Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Samsung phones do creak. That's the one thing I can't stand but their overall offerings are worth the annoyance. I can't stand creaks either but I've learned to tolerate it. I do think the HTC One looks nice but after using the Note II, which I consider to be better than the S4 due to screen size, I could never go smaller.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    The Galaxy S3 and 4 do not creak

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    Quote Originally Posted by snookasnoo View Post
    Define "best"
    Best build quality and materials? Nope.
    Best screen? Nope.
    Best service and support? Double nope.
    Best camera? Nope. The iPhone 5 camera is still better.
    Best performance? Nope. Lag including after the updates.
    I'm happy for you that you like your S 4 but saying it is the best over and over just because you say so isn't very convincing.
    I may yet get an S 4 but it is with an awareness I am making some compromises in doing so.
    He technically can think that. It us his opinion.. But that's it. So just take his posts as an opinion and go on with it.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
  3. #28  
    Scott Kenyon's Avatar

    Posts
    2,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    They definitely creak. My Note 2 creaked, my Note 8 doesn't even have a removable back and it creaks. They might as well make creaking a feature of the device. They're good devices, don't get me wrong, but if you try to tell me a cow doesn't say moo I'd just look at you funny.
  4. #29  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    601 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,123 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uribam View Post
    They definitely creak. My Note 2 creaked, my Note 8 doesn't even have a removable back and it creaks. They might as well make creaking a feature of the device. They're good devices, don't get me wrong, but if you try to tell me a cow doesn't say moo I'd just look at you funny.
    I've never noticed the creaking since i always have an Otterbox defender case on my phone. I'm glad too. Creaking would have drove me nuts lol

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  5. #30  
    Scott Kenyon's Avatar

    Posts
    2,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    I've never noticed the creaking since i always have an Otterbox defender case on my phone. I'm glad too. Creaking would have drove me nuts lol

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    If you keep it cased, the case absorbs the pressure of you squeezing it.
    I'm using my Note 8 to type this. I truly believe it is the best tablet on the market. That said, it creaks like an old boat if I squeeze it.

    Posted via Android Central App
    MBM7881 likes this.
  6. #31  
    MBM7881's Avatar

    Posts
    601 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,123 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uribam View Post
    If you keep it cased, the case absorbs the pressure of you squeezing it.
    I'm using my Note 8 to type this. I truly believe it is the best tablet on the market. That said, it creaks like an old boat if I squeeze it.

    Posted via Android Central App
    When i was a blackberry user the trackpad squeaked on my 9650. It was the worse lol. I have he Note 10.1 tablet but that's in a case too

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uribam View Post
    If you keep it cased, the case absorbs the pressure of you squeezing it.
    I'm using my Note 8 to type this. I truly believe it is the best tablet on the market. That said, it creaks like an old boat if I squeeze it.

    Posted via Android Central App
    My RAZR Maxx creaked like an old boat too! But the RAZR HD was a tank and a half and made absolutely no noise at all. My Note II is a creaking machine but still the best phone. I just try to resist temptation to squeeze it.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ....

    The May 22nd announcement is probably our last hope. After that, it's likely we'll be waiting for the next DNA in the fall. Fingers crossed.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    The Galaxy S3 and 4 do not creak

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I have not noticed this with my normal usage of my phone? If I put one hand on the top and the other on the bottom and then twist yes I can hear a creak but I don't normally use my phone in this manner. If an aluminum phone is used in this manner and you tweak it just a little to much it more than likely will not come back to the original shape. Plastic and this is not just everyday plastic Samsung and other phone companies use. Check into automobiles and the plastic now used in automobiles. More plastic is used in the 2013 autos than was used in 2011 or 2012 autos as they have to make them lighter for better fuel economy but they still also have to meet government safety standards. As far as I am concerned the plastic/aluminum argument just don't seem to come out in the wash. Each of use have out own preferences aluminum/plastic and then we put a plastic case on it to protect it from everyday usage so what is the point? I know some people don't use a case but what will that phone look like at the end of 2 years when you want a new phone and you want to sell your old one to someone who wants a different phone and don't mind a 2 year old updated phone from what they have for much less than buying a new one. I have heard some people just purchased a DROID X or X2. Look at how old that phone is today. These phone can very easily be used on VZW prepaid as they don't get 4G/LTE. YMMV
  10. #35  
    dgcamero's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    Of course they do, but choosing an alternative might mean a lack of service at home or at work or both which basically means the alternative choices are mostly worthless.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Sprint will handout free AirRaves very easily if you ask nicely. AT&T has been known to send MCells even when the customer didn't ask, and they'll send one for free if you need it and ask very nicely. Verizon will charge you money for the privilege of you using your internet to extend their network...I don't actually know a single person who convinced Verizon to send a free network extender...

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    Quote Originally Posted by dgcamero View Post
    Sprint will handout free AirRaves very easily if you ask nicely. AT&T has been known to send MCells even when the customer didn't ask, and they'll send one for free if you need it and ask very nicely. Verizon will charge you money for the privilege of you using your internet to extend their network...I don't actually know a single person who convinced Verizon to send a free network extender...

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Verizon offered several of us free extenders a few years ago but I declined it. Do these extenders help other people outside if my home by using my internet? I never really looked into it but if it did I'm glad I said no because I'm not sharing my bandwidth.

    Besides, I get good service so why have another device?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Verizon offered several of us free extenders a few years ago but I declined it. Do these extenders help other people outside if my home by using my internet? I never really looked into it but if it did I'm glad I said no because I'm not sharing my bandwidth.

    Besides, I get good service so why have another device?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    You can control what phone numbers use them from My Verizon. They also have a very short limit on distance other outside can pick them up. I lived in the country on 4 acres so unless someone was sitting in my driveway it did not make any difference. Where I am now the signal on the outside of my house is very usable but inside is not so I sold the network extender which does not do 4G/LTE and bought equipment that would pick up the signal outside and repeat that signal inside my house. This equipment works very well for me.
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    After always seeing posts about how great a phone this HTC ONE is, I went and checked the specs and some reviews. It's just my opinion, but it's a nice looking phone, but I really don't see what's so great about it. It doesn't have expandable memory card slot, I hear it's suppose to take good pics (only a 4 megapixal camera), I like the speakers in the front and no bezel, that's about it. I know it's just my opinion, but from all the posts I see, it's the greatest thing ever!
    All I remember about HTC phones, is that their battery life sucked. I've never owned one, but that's what I always read. Maybe they changed that with the ONE.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
    The Hustleman likes this.
  14. #39  
    Scott Kenyon's Avatar

    Posts
    2,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    The memory card slot doesn't do much for me. The biggest most important thing SD card slots do for phone users is allow a way to get firmware onto the device in case of a breakdown during flashing etc. As far as I go, I use Google music for music. All my documents are stored in the cloud, and also using play for movies/tv now that I have an MHL adapter. There's not much I really care to store on my phone itself. Mostly my storage is used for apps and app data, which an external card will not handle natively.
    I plan on keeping my HTC One stock when it arrives. I don't really feel like doing the whole rom thing again. It's just a hassle. Maybe I'll root it to be able to use Sixaxis Controller but other than that there's no need.
    It all comes down to your usage habits. If you're planning on using your phone as an MP3 player instead of streaming from the cloud, you're going to require an external SD card in most cases. This is not my usecase so I have no need or desire to fool around with an SD card.
    As far as batteries go I feel that portable battery packs are just as effective as a battery swap. This is only important to my usecase when I play Ingress. In the end, time will tell if I'll get a day's worth of battery out of the One or not on a single charge. If it doesn't happen that's going to be fine with me. I have a charger at home, at work, and in my car. It's not a big deal for me to throw it on there for 20 minutes or so.
    Again, these are my thoughts and uses. They won't work for everyone. I can think of plenty of uses where SD cards and battery swapping would be almost required (hiking, geocaching, etc). For me having the battery sandwiched between the PCB and LCD allows a better shape to the phone that'll make it feel nice in my hand. This design was very thought out and intentional. What I wouldn't mind seeing in the future is a slot on the top or bottom of the phone for a battery that allows swapping ala PCMCIA cards in laptops (if any of you guys remember those) but perhaps work like the mechanisms used in phones' microSD slots with the click in and out as opposed to the push button thingy PCMCIAs use. Any thoughts on that? I'm sure someone could engineer that.
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ***?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy847 View Post
    After always seeing posts about how great a phone this HTC ONE is, I went and checked the specs and some reviews. It's just my opinion, but it's a nice looking phone, but I really don't see what's so great about it. It doesn't have expandable memory card slot, I hear it's suppose to take good pics (only a 4 megapixal camera), I like the speakers in the front and no bezel, that's about it. I know it's just my opinion, but from all the posts I see, it's the greatest thing ever!
    All I remember about HTC phones, is that their battery life sucked. I've never owned one, but that's what I always read. Maybe they changed that with the ONE.
    You got it correct...the memory slot may not do much for some people but I need it and I need 64gb. This thing don't have much of a battery and it is built in to the handset as the MOTO RAZR MAXX and MAXX HD but they both have decent batteries. MOTO probably has better reception as well. I know the RAZR had great reception I just could not live with the sd card of only 32gb. Those that like these things good luck with it. It in no way works for me. I want my music on my device. The cloud uses data and data cost money. Some of us may have unlimited data now but it will be limited for everyone soon don't kid yourself. These companies are in a race to stop unlimited data. VZW will be cutting voice over to VoLTE by the end of this year and in 2014 they will be selling 4G/LTE w/o cdma or 1X they will be using those to sell to the prepaid customers only. They want you to use all the data your want cause they will be charging you for it and laughing all the way to their bank. 16gb phones w/32gb sd slots will be money makers for them not to mention 32gb phones w/o sd slots. I have not seen any pictures taken with the HTC one as yet but I have seen pictures taken with the S4 which everyone can go look at above. I have also seen a comparison of the S4 photos with photos taken by iphone which can also be seen above.
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ....

    So does anyone think the One on Verizon is still happening? Or is time to order an S4?
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ....

    Quote Originally Posted by superbleester View Post
    Why? Why won't they carry what will be the best smartphone ever. I'm talking about the HTC One. Why? Can anyone explain this?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    maybe because Verizon knows that HTC is imploding??? why else would they discount the DNA, a phone just hitting the 6 month old mark, down to $19.99??
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ....

    Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    maybe because Verizon knows that HTC is imploding??? why else would they discount the DNA, a phone just hitting the 6 month old mark, down to $19.99??
    Dna was free on contract...

    The rezound was a penny less than 2 weeks after release. Granted, a penny more than free...

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Why won't Verizon take their head out of their ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatone3 View Post
    So does anyone think the One on Verizon is still happening? Or is time to order an S4?
    time to order the S4. HTC One was anticipated by tons of people. only to have the rug pulled out from under them. I wasn't one of them, but I was expecting something else more than what we got.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

B