- 74 Posts
Downgrade to Feature Phone
This is going to be the craziest thread you have ever read, but just hear me out for a second.
I currently have a Razr M and am super happy with it. I am grandfathered onto unlimited data and really don't want to loose it (for obvious reasons). For some strange reason (mostly living a little more distraction free), I have wanted to downgrade to a Feature Phone. The problem with this is, that when I tried to downgrade to an LG Chocolate 2, Verizon's website forces me to choose a different data plan, and I would loose my unlimited data. I'm just wondering if anyone seems to have a solution to this problem (maybe one of the Microsoft Kin devices?). I already know most of you are going to say keep your smartphone, but I'm just looking for a way to downgrade and keep unlimited data. Thanks ahead of time!
- 05-26-2013, 11:15 AM #2
- 05-26-2013, 05:45 PM #3
Re: Downgrade to Feature Phone
I can understand your desire for distraction free living, but there is a better option than downgrading to a feature phone and losing unlimited data.
1. Root your phone and install an app like Titanium backup that will let you install system apps and uninstall all the ones you don't want or need. You'll want to be a little careful since some apps are required to make the phone run.
2. Root phone and install a custom rom. That way, you can freeze or disable certain apps without having to uninstall them.
3. Get an old Blackberry--the curve maybe--since it is limited by available apps and processor speed, you won;t be able to use many of the newer features like Youtube, web browsing, Twitter, facebook, that can be distracting.
- By SonDan in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 9Last Post: 04-13-2013, 03:23 PM
- By swenpro in forum Verizon Droid Incredible 2Replies: 5Last Post: 12-07-2011, 10:46 PM
- By NormanGC in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 06-03-2011, 10:29 AM
- By ntapia82 in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 8Last Post: 04-26-2010, 06:40 PM
- By snakester in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 2Last Post: 12-14-2009, 12:14 AM