1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4GB Plan?

I have 5 lines on a family share plan. My wife and I have unlimited data and the kids each have 2GB data plans. I am up eligible for an upgrade (20 month). I average about 3.5GB per month so a 2GB plan for the same money ($30) would not cut it.

1. Is there a 4 or 5 GB plan for $50? Verizon doesn't even advertise the 2GB plan but I know it still exists because I recently upgraded one of my kids phones.

2. Since my wifes uses less than 1/2 a GB per month, unlimited is not a big deal for her. Even if she was eligible for an upgrade, I could not use hers because she will want to upgrade when the time comes. Is there any way to swap sims or something so that she would go to a 2GB plan and I could keep unlimited all whithout my wife losing her upgrade in a few months?

As a family we average close to 7GB a month. I ran the numbers a while ago and switching to a 8GB share everything plan cost the same or a few bucks more. I think I could live with 4GB for myself so Option 1 would be the simplest if it exists and it would preserve my wife's unlimited plan (for an additional $20 a month).

Default Re: 4GB Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by juergen99 View Post
    I have 5 lines on a family share plan. My wife and I have unlimited data and the kids each have 2GB data plans. I am up eligible for an upgrade (20 month). I average about 3.5GB per month so a 2GB plan for the same money ($30) would not cut it.

1. Is there a 4 or 5 GB plan for $50? Verizon doesn't even advertise the 2GB plan but I know it still exists because I recently upgraded one of my kids phones.

2. Since my wifes uses less than 1/2 a GB per month, unlimited is not a big deal for her. Even if she was eligible for an upgrade, I could not use hers because she will want to upgrade when the time comes. Is there any way to swap sims or something so that she would go to a 2GB plan and I could keep unlimited all whithout my wife losing her upgrade in a few months?

As a family we average close to 7GB a month. I ran the numbers a while ago and switching to a 8GB share everything plan cost the same or a few bucks more. I think I could live with 4GB for myself so Option 1 would be the simplest if it exists and it would preserve my wife's unlimited plan (for an additional $20 a month).
    One thing I like to add, Verizon unlimited plans are worth money to buyers. There is a way to sell off that plan but I do not know the details.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by FarishK View Post
    One thing I like to add, Verizon unlimited plans are worth money to buyers. There is a way to sell off that plan but I do not know the details.
    I heard that too. My guess is that you would have to surrender the phone number.

I ended up calling Verizon and got more info on the individual data plan options:

2GB - $30
    5GB - $50
    8GB - $80
    10GB - $100

I decided I will go with the 5GB plan for $20 more than I'm paying now. This way my wife's plan stays unchanged and we can always consider the share everything plans when she is eligible for an upgrade.

Can you live without your number for a day or two? It is possible to sell your unlimited data and keep your number and VZW. They routinely go for $250-300 on ebay so I would sell mine before I would lose it back to VZW. Of course, I can't sell mine since it is worth it to keep it. I'm at the movies now and don't feel like tapping on a small screen or missing the movie but I'll be back home tonight if you are interested

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2