I have 5 lines on a family share plan. My wife and I have unlimited data and the kids each have 2GB data plans. I am up eligible for an upgrade (20 month). I average about 3.5GB per month so a 2GB plan for the same money ($30) would not cut it.
1. Is there a 4 or 5 GB plan for $50? Verizon doesn't even advertise the 2GB plan but I know it still exists because I recently upgraded one of my kids phones.
2. Since my wifes uses less than 1/2 a GB per month, unlimited is not a big deal for her. Even if she was eligible for an upgrade, I could not use hers because she will want to upgrade when the time comes. Is there any way to swap sims or something so that she would go to a 2GB plan and I could keep unlimited all whithout my wife losing her upgrade in a few months?
As a family we average close to 7GB a month. I ran the numbers a while ago and switching to a 8GB share everything plan cost the same or a few bucks more. I think I could live with 4GB for myself so Option 1 would be the simplest if it exists and it would preserve my wife's unlimited plan (for an additional $20 a month).
- 05-24-2013, 09:32 AM #2
Re: 4GB Plan?
I ended up calling Verizon and got more info on the individual data plan options:
2GB - $30
5GB - $50
8GB - $80
10GB - $100
I decided I will go with the 5GB plan for $20 more than I'm paying now. This way my wife's plan stays unchanged and we can always consider the share everything plans when she is eligible for an upgrade.
- 05-24-2013, 08:13 PM #4
Re: 4GB Plan?
Can you live without your number for a day or two? It is possible to sell your unlimited data and keep your number and VZW. They routinely go for $250-300 on ebay so I would sell mine before I would lose it back to VZW. Of course, I can't sell mine since it is worth it to keep it. I'm at the movies now and don't feel like tapping on a small screen or missing the movie but I'll be back home tonight if you are interested
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
- By Linkchomp in forum VerizonReplies: 1Last Post: 11-17-2011, 11:47 PM
- By dpham00 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 9Last Post: 11-09-2011, 02:50 PM
- By apglazer in forum HTC G1/Dream Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 03-18-2010, 11:40 PM
- By Herc130 in forum VerizonReplies: 12Last Post: 11-18-2009, 07:24 PM
- By cward0625 in forum Android AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 11-10-2009, 09:12 PM