Cancel single line with unlimited data

dbert

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for some advice on canceling a line under contract.

My goal is to cancel an unlimited data plan line and switch to T-Mobile without an ETF.

I currently have three lines on a Nationwide Talkshare 2000 plan. When I head to the My Verizon website, I see the following

Line 1 is Month to Month with an available upgrade
Line 2 has a contact ending 8/9/2013 with 2GB data plan with an available upgrade
Line 3 has a contract ending 3/16/2015 with an unlimited data plan, upgradable 3/16/2015

So what happened is the user of Line 2 used the upgrade from Line 3 recently, renewing the contract on line 3. However, line 3 is the one I want to cancel. When I went into the VZW store, I was told that since someone used the upgrade linked to that line, there is no way for me to cancel that contract without an ETF. (I share this plan with two family members, and everyone has full account access - part of the reason I want to get off the contact)

This leaves me with two questions. If I were to transfer one of the other upgrades to Line 3, will this mean losing the unlimited data plan on line 3? Is there any way that I can cancel only Line 3 without getting hit with a 350 dollar fee?

Thanks in advance.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
You could port the number to google voice than to your new line via online because it needs to be done quick by you rather than a Verizon rep. There are threads on it here and I believe also Howard forums.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This works and he is telling the truth. You can keep your number and transfer the unlimited data line and avoid the etf

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sell it someone else can use it

Posted via the Android Central App
You can't do that anymore. The person who you are selling to will not get to keep unlimited data assuming consumer account.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4