question about switching phones

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm seriously considering a backwards move which is to switch from my Galaxy S3 back to my old Thunderbolt and then sell my S3. I just visited the VZW site to find out how to switch phones and it told me that doing so may change my plan. I have the 4 gig data plan and both phones are 4G LTE. It's a shared plan w/hubby's dumb phone. I really don't want to change my plan. I would think both phones would be compatible with my current plan, but I wanted to get some input here. My idea is to put the Thunderbolt back in service for a week or two's use before I make my final decision and then either stick with the TB and sell the S3 or go back to the S3.

Comments and suggestions welcome, thank you.

Deb

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
You wouldn't have to do anything but swap SIM cards and seeing that they both use different size SIM cards you would just need to go to a Verizon store to get a SIM card for your thunderbolt.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Maybe the change in your plan would have to do with your phone insurance? I got that same message when I had Sprint and wanted to switch from the Galaxy Nexus to my old Epic 4G Touch.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You wouldn't have to do anything but swap SIM cards and seeing that they both use different size SIM cards you would just need to go to a Verizon store to get a SIM card for your thunderbolt.

Thank you for your reply cnotes2019. I actually think there's a SIM in it - I don't know why there wouldn't be since it didn't fit my S3 I believe I left it in the TBolt. I would check but it's charging right now. Will check when it's charged. But anyway If I get a new SIM card from VZW (or there is one in it) then what?

UPDATE: Actually ... I think I may have just figured it out. My TBolt was on unlimited and my plan changed after I got my S3 so does the SIM card go by the previous plan?

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You need a new SIM card because once one is deactivated you can't use it ever again. Just go in and ask for a new one and put it in your Thunderbolt. That's all there is to it. No need to change anything on my VZW.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You need a new SIM card because once one is deactivated you can't use it ever again. Just go in and ask for a new one and put it in your Thunderbolt. That's all there is to it. No need to change anything on my VZW.

I called VZW and they were able to reactivate the SIM card! Much better than a 60mi round trip!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I called VZW and they were able to reactivate the SIM card! Much better than a 60mi round trip!

That's awesome. I was once told by Verizon that once used it can't be used again. I've seen that reposted here several times before. Maybe it changed or something. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21