1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Early Upgrade Questions

Hey all, I have a 20-month upgrade due June 8, and the last Verizon guy I talked to wasn't sure on a few of these questions so I figured I'd bring them here. First up, the early upgrade obviously includes a 2-year renewal to my contract, is this 2 years from the end of the original contract (October) or from the upgrade date (June)? Can the early upgrade be used at online and third-party retailers, or is it only viable through a Verizon store (online or brick-and-mortar)? And a little bit more generally, any recommendations on phones? I'm leaning heavy towards the S4 if the battery is as strong as I'm hearing, but the supposed Verizon HTC One is attractive (even if it might not exist). Even the Lumia looks nice. Any advice there would be nice. Thanks!

Default Re: Early Upgrade Questions

The contract is 2 years from the day that you upgrade, since the new contract replaces the old contract and any time left on it.
    You can use the upgrade anywhere, not just through Verizon.
    I am in the same situation you are and will probably wait to see what the newest Motorola device will be, but if you want a new phone now, I would get the GSIV.

Default Re: Early Upgrade Questions

Quote Originally Posted by diesteldorf View Post
    The contract is 2 years from the day that you upgrade, since the new contract replaces the old contract and any time left on it.
    You can use the upgrade anywhere, not just through Verizon.
    I am in the same situation you are and will probably wait to see what the newest Motorola device will be, but if you want a new phone now, I would get the GSIV.
    Some third party may require longer than 20 months, perhaps 22 months. Depends on retailer.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II