Keeping unlimited with new line.

kbi83

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I've already posted a few questions in the sticky thread but I think maybe they got lost in the shuffle so ill post out here hopefully with better results. Just a little background I've been reading up on this thru google and there's a lot of inconsistencies some say it works and some say it doesn't I'm so confused that I'm frustrated so I joined this forum this morning for some help.

Here's the deal I've always had one line and still have the family share unlimited data plan. I'm due for an upgrade on my primary line but I'm not ready to give up my unlimited until its forced. So here goes my questions. I get the gist of how this loop hole works but here's where I'm lost. Ok so I add a new line with a GS4 then I activate it with a minimum data plan come home and activate a dumb phone on the new line, here's the problem I don't have a dumb phone last dumb phone I had was when Cingular was still in business. So how do I do this without another phone to activate on the new line? I've read somewhere about a ghost phone esn but again some say yay some say nay. And I know this should all be done online but I'm kind of on a time crunch and will be leaving the state to work for a few months and would like to pick up a new phone before I leave. So can I do this thru best buy or are they getting wise to the scam?

Thanks for the help, I would wait around in the sticky thread but like I said I'm trying to get this done today..

And just one more off the subject question. If I did goto a share everything plan could I add a new line a year after I signed a new tiered plan so I could have an upgrade every year rather than every two.. I've never been the type to get two years out of a phone..

kbi83

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I asked the holy grail of questions. At first I thought I was over thinking this process now I'm thinking it might be a real issue

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Considering a dummy line would cost $30 or $40 per month + taxes, it makes no sense to add a dummy line simply to get an extra upgrade.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I believe if you are still on the old Family Share plans (the ones that share only minutes and texts, not data packages) you can add a line for only $10 more a month plus tax

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I believe if you are still on the old Family Share plans (the ones that share only minutes and texts, not data packages) you can add a line for only $10 more a month plus tax

That's correct. For the old family share plans, it might be worth it . For the share everything plans, no way

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781