Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Hotshot Use question

Hello Verizon Users.

I currently have a Galaxy Tab 7.7 on a 1GB per month plan. I would like to get a Nexus 10 and access my meager monthly data plan via a jet pack or hotspot. Should be as simple as moving my sim card from the tab to the hotspot, right? Not really. Verizon says to use the hotspot I have to go to a 5GB plan. Nice.... Always finding a way to extract more money from me and my wireless addiction.

Is there any reason I can't just buy the hotspot on Ebay and slip the sim card in and head off to the races? My second choice is to buy a Note 10.1 and move the sim card. Thoughts and input, especially from Verizon employees would be appreciated. Obviously I will control my usage.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I815 using Tapatalk HD
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,038 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon Hotshot Use question

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Verizon you your Galaxy Tab you should be able to activate its Mobile HotSpot and user your Nexus 10 that way. I was able to do this for the entire 2 years I had my Motorola Xoom.

Give it a try.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Verizon you your Galaxy Tab you should be able to activate its Mobile HotSpot and user your Nexus 10 that way. I was able to do this for the entire 2 years I had my Motorola Xoom.

Give it a try.
    It will, but note sure I want to carry two tablets when I travel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by nocaldawg View Post
    It will, but note sure I want to carry two tablets when I travel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    I sold the jet pack and just started using my phone hot spot and removed my wifes 7.7 i815 from my account. You don't say what phone you have or even if you have a phone but VZW will know when you put the SIM in the jet pack and know it will take a different data plan. 1 smart phone to another does not matter but tablets to jet pack does matter and will probably just charge you accordingly.

Do you already own a NEXUS 10 or have you used one extensively? I own one and I am about ready to cut the tie with my notebook. My wife owns the i815 7.7 and I like it as well. I like the size of the 7.7 much better. She had me put CM 10.1 on it a few weeks back and I like it much better now that it has the Android 4.2. I never cared much for ICS. It was ok when it was the latest/greatest but then when JB came around I liked it much better. If I had to choose between the 2 tablets I would be hard pressed to decide. The thing the NEXUS 10 really needs in my opinion is an SD slot that uses 64gb. We have a 64 gb in the 7.7 i815 and it is just about the right size. These 2 tablets are about the best 2 tablets Samsung has put out in my opinion. Good Luck