Google Edition phone for Verizon

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Do you think we will ever see a Google edition phone for the Verizon network?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Do you think we will ever see a Google edition phone for the Verizon network?

IMO, not anytime soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

No. Verizon has already demonstrated a lack of interest in keeping their phones up to date, even when they did sell what they laughably called a Nexus phone...

Sent from my LG-E980 using Android Central Forums

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
August 2013 its called Motorola X phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Not going to happen any time soon...VZW just can't get their act together on the updates.

mstevens528

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon strong arms manufacturers and Google so now that won't happen , hell I can see US Cellular or Softbank(Sprint) getting a GE device before Verizon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
The same reason we won't see another CDMA Nexus. Maybe in a few years when everything is LTE, and Verizon has less control over that, then we'll be able to buy an LTE phone and put it on any major carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SouthernDroid

Banned
Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
The same reason we won't see another CDMA Nexus. Maybe in a few years when everything is LTE, and Verizon has less control over that, then we'll be able to buy an LTE phone and put it on any major carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I hope that will happen.

cgull

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Verizon wants closed devices, network and a high degree of control. High prices, bloated phones, locked boot loaders, no pure Google phone, basically platinum handcuffs.This is the main reason I left them, grabbed a N4 and went to AT&T on a post paid no contract plan.

Not that AT&T is great, but at least its the network tech 99% of the world is on which is where Google will put their efforts for the N5.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon wants closed devices, network and a high degree of control. High prices, bloated phones, locked boot loaders, no pure Google phone, basically platinum handcuffs.This is the main reason I left them, grabbed a N4 and went to AT&T on a post paid no contract plan.

Not that AT&T is great, but at least its the network tech 99% of the world is on which is where Google will put their efforts for the N5.

Those are all valid complaints, if those are your priorities, then Verizon isn't a good choice at the moment. Once they enable volte and drop CDMA , things might be different

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I agree. I also fear that if VZW gets moto x and it is lte and google phone they will somehow lock it down anyway. If you delete their bloat you won't be able to get updates anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz