Great Verizon Service

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I often hear how bad Verizon customer service is, so I just wanted to post my positive experience. Our local corporate store has been very helpful. Last week my Rezound's bottom buttons became unresponsive, I tried all of the troubleshooting tips I found on the web with no luck. I have had the phone since November 2011, my upgrade date is just a little over a month away. I really did not want to use Asurion and pay a $99 deductible now and then pay for an upgrade. I went to the corporate store to see what they could do, the tech looked at the phone, looked up my account and saw how close I was to my upgrade date. He did not offer an early upgrade, but started to fill out some forms on his tablet and then said "sign here, your replacement will arrive tomorrow, no charge". Sure enough, the next day a refurbished Rezound (looks new) was delivered to my house. Personally this was the best outcome for me. I really did not want an early upgrade since I am not all that thrilled with the current Verizon phones. Now I am up and working again, with a phone that looks new and performs perfectly.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure that it wasn't because you had extended warranty?

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ using Tapatalk 2

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
funny, because my situation is very similar. my rezound display went DEAD on friday, and I got my refurbed on delivered saturday morning. my upgrade day is 38 days away, I was HOPING they would let me do it early, but no. I personally have never had problems with verizon customer service, but maybe because I don't ATTACK them in person or over the phone. maybe.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I often hear how bad Verizon customer service is, so I just wanted to post my positive experience. Our local corporate store has been very helpful. Last week my Rezound's bottom buttons became unresponsive, I tried all of the troubleshooting tips I found on the web with no luck. I have had the phone since November 2011, my upgrade date is just a little over a month away. I really did not want to use Asurion and pay a $99 deductible now and then pay for an upgrade. I went to the corporate store to see what they could do, the tech looked at the phone, looked up my account and saw how close I was to my upgrade date. He did not offer an early upgrade, but started to fill out some forms on his tablet and then said "sign here, your replacement will arrive tomorrow, no charge". Sure enough, the next day a refurbished Rezound (looks new) was delivered to my house. Personally this was the best outcome for me. I really did not want an early upgrade since I am not all that thrilled with the current Verizon phones. Now I am up and working again, with a phone that looks new and performs perfectly.

One of the only reasons I stay is for the excellent customer service. Real people who try very hard to take care of my questions. I keep my voicemail off so I don't have to deal with bs messages, and they have always complied. It sometimes takes talking to the next step in the chain of command but they get it done!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
He has extended warranty through asurion which covers it for 2 years. VZW didnt do you any favors. They simply provided with a product and service hou been paying for all along.

Move along.. Nothing to see here.

iSheep... iSheep... Meowww that's Apple VZW GSIII

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
He has extended warranty through asurion which covers it for 2 years. VZW didnt do you any favors. They simply provided with a product and service hou been paying for all along.

Move along.. Nothing to see here.

iSheep... iSheep... Meowww that's Apple VZW GSIII

Yeah you could say that providing customer service is what they're supposed to do, but if you've ever spent much time with bad customer service (ahem, T-Mobile) then you start to appreciate good service more.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you could say that providing customer service is what they're supposed to do, but if you've ever spent much time with bad customer service (ahem, T-Mobile) then you start to appreciate good service more.

Ahem comcast :p lol.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I must say, VZW customer service has improved. I've been with them since '05, and a few years ago I dreaded calling customer service.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I've honestly never had a bad experience with Verizon customer service, and I've called them a lot over the 8 years I've been with Verizon.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Went to the Verizon store, told the rep that I was having problems with my Droid DNA. She took down my information, and a CLNR replacement arrived at my door two days later, in perfect condition. I'd say that's pretty decent, no complaints here.

Posted via Android Central App