1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts

Default Does VZW really do this to customers? This can't be legal!

On , several people who use the 4G mifi device claim that VZW is billing them for extraordinary amounts of data being used, even during times when the devices are shut off. If the device is shut off, how can VZW say that data was being transmitted?

I'm really hoping the people made a mistake and maybe didn't realize that their devices were actually on or maybe someone else was piggybacking their connections without them knowing. I just got one of these devices for my Internet and it's so nice and fast compared to the 3G I was on. But now I'm fearful of something like this happening. If VZW is charging people for data they didn't actually use, it is a fraudulent practice and should be reported to the attorneys general of their states.

Has this ever happened to anyone here if they use the 4G mifi?

Thank you.
    Galaxy S4 with Jelly Bean 4.3

Default Re: Does VZW really do this to customers? This can't be legal!

This isn't the first time something like this has been reported, so not really surprised. I would never give up unlimited data voluntarily, so for now this is not an issue for me. Doesn't make. Sense to pay more for just 2gb data...

If it is a 4g mifi, you can use a sim from an unlimited data line to get unlimited data on the mifi

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by silverfang77 View Post
    On , several people who use the 4G mifi device claim that VZW is billing them for extraordinary amounts of data being used, even during times when the devices are shut off. If the device is shut off, how can VZW say that data was being transmitted?

I'm really hoping the people made a mistake and maybe didn't realize that their devices were actually on or maybe someone else was piggybacking their connections without them knowing. I just got one of these devices for my Internet and it's so nice and fast compared to the 3G I was on. But now I'm fearful of something like this happening. If VZW is charging people for data they didn't actually use, it is a fraudulent practice and should be reported to the attorneys general of their states.

Has this ever happened to anyone here if they use the 4G mifi?

Thank you.
    What usage does the device itself show?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts

This isn't for me. This is just something I read about happening to other people. I can't find a way to check usage on the device.
    Galaxy S4 with Jelly Bean 4.3

Checking the general data usage number is not enough. you have to go to the full desktop site on Verizon, click on my device and then click on view usage details to show the timestamps next to each data session. These numbers are a direct snapshot off of their network. You should create an Excel spreadsheet for yourself to make sure that the data usage match and manually log your data usage yourself and then compare.

For example, visit any website and manually log the time you spent on that website and then close your browser. Compare this data to the Verizon Usage Details page. You won't see this updated for hours sometimes. It's easier to just compare by previous day instead of pecking around for hourly updates.

Of course it can get very tedious trying to make this precise because of the things that your phone is doing in terms of data usage at any given time. One of your Twitter apps maybe syncing some data while you were on a website within the browser at the same time. But in the end you would be close enough.

from my DNA