I thought it was just $10 to add a line?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So how come when I go to the Verizon website it says you also need a $30 data plan to add a tablet? We have the share everything and I have room for 3 more devices.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So how come when I go to the Verizon website it says you also need a $30 data plan to add a tablet? We have the share everything and I have room for 3 more devices.

That is if you want a data only account. If you have a smartphone on the line , then shared data plans start at $50 for 1gb.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Go to best buy or ebay...buy a wifi tablet. I have a wifi only galaxy tab. No extra money to verizon.

sent from my amazing Note2

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Go to best buy or ebay...buy a wifi tablet. I have a wifi only galaxy tab. No extra money to verizon.

sent from my amazing Note2

I agree. I'm assuming that wherever you take your tablet outside of wifi networks (i.e. outside your house), you'll also have your smartphone with you. IMO you might as well just use your phone as a mobile hotspot. If your plan doesn't include mobile hotspot, it's worth the 8 bucks to download Foxfi. I have a wifi-only Nexus 7, but I tether it to my phone via Foxfi. Though, as I've never streamed videos on my tablet via hotspot, I can't say if there's a significant reduction in data speed.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I know all this, the tablet's for my husband and he doesn't have nor want a smartphone nor does he was the added hardware for the hotspot. He drives truck and for him the less stuff he needs to deal with the better. My tablet is wi-fi only and that's all I need.