Looking to switch to Verizon.

eyarea51

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Greetings All, I wanted to get your opinions on changing from Sprint to Verizon. I have been with sprint for well over 10 years and I have been getting more and more fed up with the service I have been getting especially after the iPhone's started on the network. I live in the Cleveland area and for the most part things have been fine but I keep loosing my calls in areas that I never had a problem before. In addition the data side of the service has been weird, I have the Galaxy S3 and never hear about issues with other provided and the service.

So I ask those of you on Verizon what are your feelings are on there service. I am looking to switch after August and switch to the Galaxy Note 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
With Verizon, i haven't had a dropped call in years. I had att before and had dropped calls occasionally. The best bet though would be to ask people who are in your area to see how their service is.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I love the coverage area, better communications when reaching usage limits (I get emails and texts on VZW vs relying on Sprint's website that showed false and misleading usage info that resulted in me being kicked off), good customer service, and price was about even when I compared the employer discounts between the two.

There is one region I'm almost guaranteed to drop a call when I enter or leave it, but the same happened with Sprint in a different location. To Sprint's credit, they did supply me with a free femtocell because I essentially lived too close to a tower and suffered the umbrella effect, but I think most of the major carriers offer these free if you have legit signal issues and you ask for one.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Greetings All, I wanted to get your opinions on changing from Sprint to Verizon. I have been with sprint for well over 10 years and I have been getting more and more fed up with the service I have been getting especially after the iPhone's started on the network. I live in the Cleveland area and for the most part things have been fine but I keep loosing my calls in areas that I never had a problem before. In addition the data side of the service has been weird, I have the Galaxy S3 and never hear about issues with other provided and the service.

So I ask those of you on Verizon what are your feelings are on there service. I am looking to switch after August and switch to the Galaxy Note 2

the service and coverage is second to none. however, verizon IS NOT the perfect carrier. IMO, our phone selection is very lackluster, and their CUSTOMER service could be better. on the other hand, Tech support is great most of the time, and as long as you speak to them like an ADULT, they are usually really eager and able to help with your problem. I've been with them going on 12 years, and I bet I've had one complaint about them this whole time. yes, I could probably pay less, and yes, they could be more customer "friendly", but the service is what I want, and that's what I get.

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
the service and coverage is second to none. however, verizon IS NOT the perfect carrier. IMO, our phone selection is very lackluster, and their CUSTOMER service could be better. on the other hand, Tech support is great most of the time, and as long as you speak to them like an ADULT, they are usually really eager and able to help with your problem. I've been with them going on 12 years, and I bet I've had one complaint about them this whole time. yes, I could probably pay less, and yes, they could be more customer "friendly", but the service is what I want, and that's what I get.

Used to have AT&T and TMO. Both are terrible when it comes to connection. I work in downtown of a mid sized city and get no services at all. Complained and complained but all I got was excuses so finally switched to Verizon. Despite the lack of phone selections I have been getting great connection and services. Even when I took a road trip out to the Arizona desert I was still getting services. There was no city or anything around and I relied my services on my phone to tell me where to go. I will most likely never leave Big Red. In the end what matters the most is a smartphone being able to function as a smartphone. What's the point of a smartphone when I can't use the data I paid for and make calls?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Used to have AT&T and TMO. Both are terrible when it comes to connection. I work in downtown of a mid sized city and get no services at all. Complained and complained but all I got was excuses so finally switched to Verizon. Despite the lack of phone selections I have been getting great connection and services. Even when I took a road trip out to the Arizona desert I was still getting services. There was no city or anything around and I relied my services on my phone to tell me where to go. I will most likely never leave Big Red. In the end what matters the most is a smartphone being able to function as a smartphone. What's the point of a smartphone when I can't use the data I paid for and make calls?

dropped calls are a thing of the past. I live in KC, however, I have family all over the country, and I travel 3-4 times a year. I NEVER lack for a signal. I mean never. you get what you pay for.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I was the opposite. I was with vzw and got wallet raped every month on overages and other bs fees. Then went to sprint and was cheaper but was still feed up with contact prices. Then went to Tmobile and for a flat 70 I get all what I got from sprint only a lil faster.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

harrychimp71

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been with Sprint for over 4 years now. I'm seriously contemplating the switch to Verizon. I've grown frustrated with the LTE rollout in Southern California. My work is covered in LTE, though the signal drops to 3g during lunch hours and even lose bars at times. Additionally, phone clarity and reception has degraded during this same time.

My question is, is/are there forum(s) dedicated to providing information about Verizon cell phone coverage? I follow SprintUsers and s4gru.com which are great sites. Yet have done a google search with no results of a Verizon equivalent.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been with Sprint for over 4 years now. I'm seriously contemplating the switch to Verizon. I've grown frustrated with the LTE rollout in Southern California. My work is covered in LTE, though the signal drops to 3g during lunch hours and even lose bars at times. Additionally, phone clarity and reception has degraded during this same time.

My question is, is/are there forum(s) dedicated to providing information about Verizon cell phone coverage? I follow SprintUsers and s4gru.com which are great sites. Yet have done a google search with no results of a Verizon equivalent.

verizon really has no need to prove their coverage. those of us who are paying higher monthly bills should be testatment enough, but here is a link for your viewing pleasure.

Verizon LTE hits its 500th market completing the initial buildout

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
dropped calls are a thing of the past. I live in KC, however, I have family all over the country, and I travel 3-4 times a year. I NEVER lack for a signal. I mean never. you get what you pay for.

I drive truck, all 48 states. I've been on Verizon since 1997. Yes, I lose service here and there, mostly in mountains including the Appalachians and Rockies. But it isn't for long. I'm on the road three weeks of each month, and talk several hours a day, plus stream internet radio and podcasts all day, about 25 gbs a month's worth.
No other carrier can give me the consistent coverage that Verizon does, and when you're broken down in the boonies, in winter, being able to call for a tow is *priceless*.

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii

carol72

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I have had Verizon since 1998 and am, over all very happy. My only frustration comes with the occasional CSR that could be nicer and more accommodating. I call back and get someone else who is a lot nicer and willing to help out.

Posted via Android Central App

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
You would definitely be trading up moving to Verizon. The service is expensive but not that much more than the other big carriers and you would be getting much better coverage and reliability. When I was on at&t I had constant dropped calls and data reliability problems. With Verizon I think I can count on one hand the number of dropped calls I've had. Data reliability has generally been top notch too with only occasional problems.

Customer service has also generally been pretty good too.

The biggest problem with Verizon is their phone selection. They have a tendency to lock phone down and request modifications that run against the original manufacturer's design.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

eyarea51

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all for responding, I do feel better about my decision to switch. Being with a company for so long and then just switching cold turkey is a bit scary and I have been doing my research and asking the questions (visited a few different VZW stores asking questions). So the question now is what phone? I currently have the Galaxy S3, do I go with the S4 or go with the Phablet The Galaxy Note 2 (the S3 on roids).

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for responding, I do feel better about my decision to switch. Being with a company for so long and then just switching cold turkey is a bit scary and I have been doing my research and asking the questions (visited a few different VZW stores asking questions). So the question now is what phone? I currently have the Galaxy S3, do I go with the S4 or go with the Phablet The Galaxy Note 2 (the S3 on roids).

that's a coin toss. I'm exactly in the same boat, N2 or S4? I upgrade next friday. leaning to the S4 if for nothing else than it's newer, and now cheaper at the verizon stores. I believe they are both still 199 at best buy, and both verizon and best buy will take your S3 in trade towards your new purchase. either way, I'm sure you will be happy with verizons coverage. good luck to you.

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah, walmart has the S4 for $168.00 in stores. but no trade in option.

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
that's a coin toss. I'm exactly in the same boat, N2 or S4? I upgrade next friday. leaning to the S4 if for nothing else than it's newer, and now cheaper at the verizon stores. I believe they are both still 199 at best buy, and both verizon and best buy will take your S3 in trade towards your new purchase. either way, I'm sure you will be happy with verizons coverage. good luck to you.

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah, walmart has the S4 for $168.00 in stores. but no trade in option.

I have previously used a Note 2. While I can say it is a great phone, the issue with me is the size of it. I don't like to carry something that big in my pocket and I needed something that I can use in one hand if necessary. So I gave the Note 2 to my wife and I got an S4. She loves it and she can carry it in her purse. One thing I did notice and she also did is the speed. We both agree that s4 is slightly faster with touch sensitivity when it comes to playing games, not sure why though. Both phones are great phones though, choosing either one will be a great decision. Good luck!

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

If you can wait a month or so, Verizon will have their new Droid line out and and possibly the HTC One.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been a long time Verizon customer. Started when they were known as Airtouch. I love Verizon. Tech support is great. Customer service has always been good as well. I have the Note2. A great phone on the best network. You won't regret it.;)

sent from my amazing Note2

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

What are your data speeds like in your area on big red?

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
In my experience, an upgrade from Sprint to Verizon will be an extreme performance upgrade. ...like going from a Ford ...well a Ford anything to a BMW M3. However, as in my analogy, you have to pay to play.

Sent from me LTE Note 8.0

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
In my experience, an upgrade from Sprint to Verizon will be an extreme performance upgrade. ...like going from a Ford ...well a Ford anything to a BMW M3. However, as in my analogy, you have to pay to play.

Sent from me LTE Note 8.0

Not only Verizon, but the other 2 networks also... :D

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO