Will going from Unlimited Data to Shared Plan reset my contract window?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
That's the point I am trying to make. This is a somewhat recent change. So if people are buying these accounts now and trying to AOL, the they are in for a shock.

Using the Big Red Samsung Galaxy S4

FWIW, I called VZW AOL today and was advised they are still allowing Unlimited Data lines to be transferred with Unlimited Data in tact.

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I may have missed it posted somewhere but does transferring an unlimited plan to a new owner require the actual phone number to go with it? I'd prefer to keep my actual phone #

Posted via Android Central App

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I may have missed it posted somewhere but does transferring an unlimited plan to a new owner require the actual phone number to go with it? I'd prefer to keep my actual phone #

Posted via Android Central App

Yes, so to transfer your original # to your Unlimited Line, you would need to port your current # to another provider (TMobile, Google Voice, etc) and that would cancel your line--any ETF would be charged. Then you would have your one Unlimited Line left.

Call VZW and tell them you want to port your original # that is now with the other provider, back to VZW and put it on your Unlimited Line.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
What's the source of your information? Have you tried it yourself? I'm honestly just curious -- people are still buying and selling accounts all over the internet, and yet this is the first time I've seen someone claim that it's no longer allowed.

Source? Don't really need a source considering I do 20 to 30 of these a month.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I called VZW AOL today and was advised they are still allowing Unlimited Data lines to be transferred with Unlimited Data in tact.

Who told you that? Customer service or the Assumption of Liability team?

Any kind of upgrade or assumption of liability will kill unlimited data

mgeoffriau

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Source? Don't really need a source considering I do 20 to 30 of these a month.

Who told you that? Customer service or the Assumption of Liability team?

Any kind of upgrade or assumption of liability will kill unlimited data

It's just curious that NO ONE else seems to have noticed this yet, despite the dozens if not hundreds of unlimited data accounts that are being sold through e*bay, HF, and various other places. It's not unusual that people might be curious why you seem to be the only one who has encountered this.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
It's just curious that NO ONE else seems to have noticed this yet, despite the dozens if not hundreds of unlimited data accounts that are being sold through e*bay, HF, and various other places. It's not unusual that people might be curious why you seem to be the only one who has encountered this.

It is SUPPOSE TO BE universal across the board. All I know is I am not given a choice. There are many outlets. I have heard of weirder things and work arounds being done that aren't suppose to be. SO who knows.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
What's the source of your information? Have you tried it yourself? I'm honestly just curious -- people are still buying and selling accounts all over the internet, and yet this is the first time I've seen someone claim that it's no longer allowed.

Q. What are the requirements for transferring my account to a friend or family member?

A. This is a process known as Assumption of Liability (AOL). In order to perform an AOL, all of the following requirements must be met:

Current Account Owner

?You must ensure that the balance on the account you want to transfer is current. You will continue to be responsible for account charges until the transfer has been completed.
?If the line you are transferring is the primary line on a Family SharePlan? or the only secondary line on a Family SharePlan, the remaining line(s) must be placed on eligible calling plans prior to processing the account transfer. Please contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 for assistance.
?You must contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 to authorize the account transfer and provide the name of the person who will be taking over the account.

New Account Owner (person taking over responsibility for the account)

?You must read and agree to the Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions prior to assuming responsibility for the account.
?If the line you are taking over is being added to an existing Verizon Wireless account, your account must be current.
?If you agree to the Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions and up to a one-year contract term, you must contact the Assumption of Liability Department at (888) 832-4540. A representative will assist you with completing the AOL request.
Note: Your service assumption will be subject to a credit check. You may be required to switch to current pricing and promotions. A security deposit may also be required.

Billing FAQs | Verizon Wireless

It looks like it depends on who you speak to.