Just to preface; sorry if these have been asked already, I tried searching the forums and didn't find an answer.
First question is I was wondering if there is a way to lower the month to month payment once your contract ends, since the phone subsidy has been paid off. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to manage this.
Also I was reading around and read that for share everything plans any monthly discounts you have are only applied to the data portion of the bill only, and not the base phone charges. Is this true? Right now I have 15% off my entire monthly bill and switching to the new plans would lose me money.
Thanks for your time!
- 08-07-2013, 01:19 PM #2
- 4,622 Posts
Re: Two questions
You can move to a verizon prepaid plan, these plans do not include a subsidy. Note that it may not be cheaper, in my case it isn't. Also you can't use 4GLTE phones on prepaid.
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II"...Galaxy Tab 10.1, Tab 8.9 and Tab 7.7 do not infringe Apple’s Community registered design..." - Excerpt from Apple's website
Re: Two questions
Just to clarify, moving plans isn't necessary for me. My contract has run its course and everything is still the same just that I'm not bound by a contract anymore. I was just wondering if there was a way to lower the monthly cost since the contract cost includes the phone subsidy but since the contract is up the subsidy should be paid off. I'd rather not switch anything since I still have unlimited data grandfathered.
- 08-07-2013, 04:50 PM #4
- 08-11-2013, 11:53 PM #6
- By jdbii in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 8Last Post: 08-16-2013, 08:09 PM
- By minionhunter in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2013, 07:42 PM
- By inertianinja in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 12Last Post: 08-09-2013, 08:22 AM
- By Mr.Mcgoo in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 5Last Post: 08-07-2013, 09:11 PM
- By totti_07 in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 08-07-2013, 02:47 PM