how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessories?

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Verizon only give my company's employees 22-percent discount on monthly bill and 25-percent discount on accessory purchases(online or in corporate stores).

I'm just curious... how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessories? :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
22% is pretty nice in my opinion. I'd suspect Verizon employees probably get around that as well. Can't imagine them getting a lot more since Verizon likes their cash :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
22% is pretty nice in my opinion. I'd suspect Verizon employees probably get around that as well. Can't imagine them getting a lot more since Verizon likes their cash :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Home Depot employees(even part time ones) get 25% discount.... that's 3% more than I get.... perhaps I can get a job there to receive the extra 3%?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Verizon only give my company's employees 22-percent discount on monthly bill and 25-percent discount on accessory purchases(online or in corporate stores).

I'm just curious... how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessories? :)

That's a very good discount. I work for a fairly large company (1000's of employees) that primarily uses Verizon phones/services for company devices and we get 20% on monthly and 25% on accessories on our personal accounts (regardless of whether we have a company device). We also use AT&T to a lesser extent, but I'm not sure what the discount may be (there is one, but I don't know anyone at work, including myself who uses AT&T). Ultimately, it really depends on a company's relationship with the carrier and their agreed upon discount levels.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I talked to an actual Verizon Wireless agent on the phone once....not from a 3rd Party Center, and was advised that their discount was 50%. I really think she was being honest because we were also discussing unlimited data grandfathered plans and she was telling me how she used hers as a primary connection and realized why keeping it was so important to some people. She was even telling me how she used hers for XBOX and normally used around 30-40 GB per month.

She also said that even new Verizon Wireless employees are being put on share everything, so no more unlimited for them either. She also acknowledged that if you are an actual corporate employee, not a 3rd party agent, you need to upgrade through Verizon and can't go to Best Buy, Costco or Walmart etc, even if their prices are better.

If you leave the company at any point, she said you have around a week to do an Assumption of Liability to a personal plan, without the company discount, or you can just give up th line. Not sure if they enforce an ETF or not.

All of this doesn't apply to 3rd Party agents or 3rd Party call centers, whose discounts can be dramatically less. Verizon landline employees get much less.

It made sense to me that Verizon Wireless would be generous with their own employees, because it's a way to build brand loyalty among your own. If a regular customer started hearing that an employee was using Cricket or TMobile to save money or AT&T because their spouse got a better discount through them, it certainly wouldn't devastate the company, but it could have an impact to that customer and any of their friends.

If Verizon Wireless can ensure that as many of their own employees are using their network as possible, that has other benefits to the company even if the actual revenue on those accounts is less.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Home Depot employees(even part time ones) get 25% discount.... that's 3% more than I get.... perhaps I can get a job there to receive the extra 3%?

If they pay more, then that's an obvious choice. But if you make more than a Home Depot employee by at least the 3% difference in your bill, why care?

I get a 15% discount and am just happy to receive any type of discount.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

22% is one of the higher ones. I think people miss the point that Verizon and other major companies don't have to give you any discount off their bills. The fact that they do is pretty awesome I think. But yes, Verizon CORPORATE employees get a dramatically better discount. Accessories are decent discounted, phones aren't at all (although they do have employee edition phones that sometimes come with extra accessories) and most are on share everything plans.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I talked to an actual Verizon Wireless agent on the phone once....not from a 3rd Party Center, and was advised that their discount was 50%. I really think she was being honest because we were also discussing unlimited data grandfathered plans and she was telling me how she used hers as a primary connection and realized why keeping it was so important to some people. She was even telling me how she used hers for XBOX and normally used around 30-40 GB per month.

She also said that even new Verizon Wireless employees are being put on share everything, so no more unlimited for them either. She also acknowledged that if you are an actual corporate employee, not a 3rd party agent, you need to upgrade through Verizon and can't go to Best Buy, Costco or Walmart etc, even if their prices are better.

If you leave the company at any point, she said you have around a week to do an Assumption of Liability to a personal plan, without the company discount, or you can just give up th line. Not sure if they enforce an ETF or not.

All of this doesn't apply to 3rd Party agents or 3rd Party call centers, whose discounts can be dramatically less. Verizon landline employees get much less.

It made sense to me that Verizon Wireless would be generous with their own employees, because it's a way to build brand loyalty among your own. If a regular customer started hearing that an employee was using Cricket or TMobile to save money or AT&T because their spouse got a better discount through them, it certainly wouldn't devastate the company, but it could have an impact to that customer and any of their friends.

If Verizon Wireless can ensure that as many of their own employees are using their network as possible, that has other benefits to the company even if the actual revenue on those accounts is less.

I am surprised they told you this much.

gamepolice

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I work for Verizon, 50% on monthly service, 35% on all accessories but we have to purchase our phones on Verizon's website and we don't get a discount on the phones. We do get exclusive employee edition devices though.

Oh we have 2 year contracts now, we used to only have 1.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I think it's kind of messed up that some company employees get 22% off their bill, when my husband is active duty army and only receives 10% off of our bill, and it only applies to the data charge. We do receive 25% off for the accessory deduction, but have never used it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it's kind of messed up that some company employees get 22% off their bill, when my husband is active duty army and only receives 10% off of our bill, and it only applies to the data charge. We do receive 25% off for the accessory deduction, but have never used it.

Are you on the share everything plan or a legacy family share or individual plan?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Share everything. We just got this service in February.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Ah, okay. I am on the family share plan and get a discount on my account line access charge and unlimited data. If I moved to the 2gb tier, I would not qualify for the discount. A higher tier would qualify

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
From what I heard from a couple different employees - they get extremely cheap phone plans but they have to meet a minimum quota on sales numbers or else they lose their plan.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Ah, okay. I am on the family share plan and get a discount on my account line access charge and unlimited data. If I moved to the 2gb tier, I would not qualify for the discount. A higher tier would qualify

We have a 6gb tier, I believe.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

gamepolice

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Never have seen that since I've been working for the company. All Verizon Wireless corporate employees qualify for the employee phone program regardless of sales numbers.

Last edited:

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm fortunate to get a 24% discount through my company. It applies towards phones, accessories and my phone plan and is applicable on both Verizon & AT&T. (I'm on Verizon though)

tap'n

ValYooNeek

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It's unfortunate that the big cell phone companies are money crazy businesses that main concern is MONEY! It's not just cell phone companies but the majority of big business is profits and keeping as much of it as possible! My son works at the airport and he gets 25% off all cell phones, accessories and plans. Thats more than the veterans/military are getting. They should be ashamed of how they treat their employees but they know in these hard times, their employees aren't going to make too much noise about it...or they will be waiting in line at the unemployment office.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon