how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessories?

verizonemployee123

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to let you know, I work for a Verizon franchise store, our employee plan is 38.95 per month after fee's. Thats with unlim talk/text and 4 gig's of data. We have to buy our own phone but the plan is super cheap. If you work for a corp verizon store you should switch! So I dont know what kind of plan you have, but my employee discount is 50%. Also with my plan, its technically a business line, but there are no quota's or anything of the sort for me to keep it.

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I also work for the Core Verizon (not VZW) and it's not 50 per cent for me.

Posted via Android Central App

If you work for CORE, you don't deserve anymore then you get.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I heard from a couple different employees - they get extremely cheap phone plans but they have to meet a minimum quota on sales numbers or else they lose their plan.

That's ridiculously incorrect.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
If you work for CORE, you don't deserve anymore then you get.
Is the folding of "Cellco Partnership dba Verizon Wireless" into Verizon Communications not yet complete? Because when Verizon Wireless becomes just another division of Verizon Communications, then someone working for a non-wireless division would have every right to expect the same discount as one working in the wireless division of the same company.

BSlaughter831

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
The Home Depot retail employees do not get a discount at all. My husband has worked there for almost 10 years at stores in Tennessee and Texas and no employee discount.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Verizon employees get 50% off. I worked at best buy and got a phone with contract every year. So it would be $40+ whatever day a I buy. So let's say 10gb which is $100. I got the $40 waved and the $100 at half price. So $50 a month for 10gb data, unlimited talk and text

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Verizon employees get 50% off. I worked at best buy and got a phone with contract every year. So it would be $40+ whatever day a I buy. So let's say 10gb which is $100. I got the $40 waved and the $100 at half price. So $50 a month for 10gb data, unlimited talk and text

That is a crazy good price!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
That is a crazy good price!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I know! But then again in the Midwest verizon is the biggest carrier, by far. So we added so many new customers all the time. Verizon loved us.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In addition to what Almeuit said, on the more everything plan, only the data is discounted. On the old family share plan, only the primary line (line access +features like unlimited data and unlimited hotspot) and account access charge are discounted. Other lines are full price

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
My impression is the amount of discount for a specific company varies based on the importance of capturing all or part of the corporate revenue stream to Verizon. I have worked for three companies with Verizon discounts - they were all different. The bill discount ranged from 15% to 22%; the only accessory discount I remember was 25%. The smaller bill discount was at a smaller firm. At the time I knew what the military discount was, it was higher than mine.

Rocky DeVoe

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
your uneducated, smug attitude might be unaware that the wireless portion of a cellular network is from the hand set to the tower. Once it hits the tower it hits the local network. This is the Core Verizon network if Verizon is the Local LEC. So in this process VZW doesnt work without a CORE network. Also now that VZW margins are taking a beating, VZT and its profit lines are becoming more valuable.

Vicesquad029

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Working for Verizon we get about 50% off but have to pay full retail for devices. Most people would rather pay a higher monthly rate than she'll out $800 for the newest iJunk, believe it or not. In fact most don't believe me when I tell them what their handset actually costs. One of the many brightsides is there's no reason to not go for the dev editions, or unlocked at least.

Posted from my exynos note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles