Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By diesteldorf
  • 1 Post By ValYooNeek
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessories?

    Verizon only give my company's employees 22-percent discount on monthly bill and 25-percent discount on accessory purchases(online or in corporate stores).

    I'm just curious... how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessories?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    22% is pretty nice in my opinion. I'd suspect Verizon employees probably get around that as well. Can't imagine them getting a lot more since Verizon likes their cash :P.

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    22% is pretty nice in my opinion. I'd suspect Verizon employees probably get around that as well. Can't imagine them getting a lot more since Verizon likes their cash :P.

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    Home Depot employees(even part time ones) get 25% discount.... that's 3% more than I get.... perhaps I can get a job there to receive the extra 3%?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Less than 20%. That's our discount and every time we're in there we hear the employees say that ours is better than they get.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Quote Originally Posted by MissyHaney View Post
    Verizon only give my company's employees 22-percent discount on monthly bill and 25-percent discount on accessory purchases(online or in corporate stores).

    I'm just curious... how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessories?
    That's a very good discount. I work for a fairly large company (1000's of employees) that primarily uses Verizon phones/services for company devices and we get 20% on monthly and 25% on accessories on our personal accounts (regardless of whether we have a company device). We also use AT&T to a lesser extent, but I'm not sure what the discount may be (there is one, but I don't know anyone at work, including myself who uses AT&T). Ultimately, it really depends on a company's relationship with the carrier and their agreed upon discount levels.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    I talked to an actual Verizon Wireless agent on the phone once....not from a 3rd Party Center, and was advised that their discount was 50%. I really think she was being honest because we were also discussing unlimited data grandfathered plans and she was telling me how she used hers as a primary connection and realized why keeping it was so important to some people. She was even telling me how she used hers for XBOX and normally used around 30-40 GB per month.

    She also said that even new Verizon Wireless employees are being put on share everything, so no more unlimited for them either. She also acknowledged that if you are an actual corporate employee, not a 3rd party agent, you need to upgrade through Verizon and can't go to Best Buy, Costco or Walmart etc, even if their prices are better.

    If you leave the company at any point, she said you have around a week to do an Assumption of Liability to a personal plan, without the company discount, or you can just give up th line. Not sure if they enforce an ETF or not.

    All of this doesn't apply to 3rd Party agents or 3rd Party call centers, whose discounts can be dramatically less. Verizon landline employees get much less.

    It made sense to me that Verizon Wireless would be generous with their own employees, because it's a way to build brand loyalty among your own. If a regular customer started hearing that an employee was using Cricket or TMobile to save money or AT&T because their spouse got a better discount through them, it certainly wouldn't devastate the company, but it could have an impact to that customer and any of their friends.

    If Verizon Wireless can ensure that as many of their own employees are using their network as possible, that has other benefits to the company even if the actual revenue on those accounts is less.
    Jaredshoes likes this.
  7. #7  
    karn101's Avatar

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Quote Originally Posted by MissyHaney View Post
    Home Depot employees(even part time ones) get 25% discount.... that's 3% more than I get.... perhaps I can get a job there to receive the extra 3%?
    If they pay more, then that's an obvious choice. But if you make more than a Home Depot employee by at least the 3% difference in your bill, why care?

    I get a 15% discount and am just happy to receive any type of discount.
  8. #8  
    fofjjsr's Avatar
    Android4life

    Posts
    602 Posts

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Quote Originally Posted by MissyHaney View Post
    Verizon only give my company's employees 22-percent discount on monthly bill and 25-percent discount on accessory purchases(online or in corporate stores).

    I'm just curious... how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessories?
    22% is one of the higher ones. I think people miss the point that Verizon and other major companies don't have to give you any discount off their bills. The fact that they do is pretty awesome I think. But yes, Verizon CORPORATE employees get a dramatically better discount. Accessories are decent discounted, phones aren't at all (although they do have employee edition phones that sometimes come with extra accessories) and most are on share everything plans.
  9. #9  
    fofjjsr's Avatar
    Android4life

    Posts
    602 Posts

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Quote Originally Posted by diesteldorf View Post
    I talked to an actual Verizon Wireless agent on the phone once....not from a 3rd Party Center, and was advised that their discount was 50%. I really think she was being honest because we were also discussing unlimited data grandfathered plans and she was telling me how she used hers as a primary connection and realized why keeping it was so important to some people. She was even telling me how she used hers for XBOX and normally used around 30-40 GB per month.

    She also said that even new Verizon Wireless employees are being put on share everything, so no more unlimited for them either. She also acknowledged that if you are an actual corporate employee, not a 3rd party agent, you need to upgrade through Verizon and can't go to Best Buy, Costco or Walmart etc, even if their prices are better.

    If you leave the company at any point, she said you have around a week to do an Assumption of Liability to a personal plan, without the company discount, or you can just give up th line. Not sure if they enforce an ETF or not.

    All of this doesn't apply to 3rd Party agents or 3rd Party call centers, whose discounts can be dramatically less. Verizon landline employees get much less.

    It made sense to me that Verizon Wireless would be generous with their own employees, because it's a way to build brand loyalty among your own. If a regular customer started hearing that an employee was using Cricket or TMobile to save money or AT&T because their spouse got a better discount through them, it certainly wouldn't devastate the company, but it could have an impact to that customer and any of their friends.

    If Verizon Wireless can ensure that as many of their own employees are using their network as possible, that has other benefits to the company even if the actual revenue on those accounts is less.
    I am surprised they told you this much.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    I work for Verizon, 50% on monthly service, 35% on all accessories but we have to purchase our phones on Verizon's website and we don't get a discount on the phones. We do get exclusive employee edition devices though.

    Oh we have 2 year contracts now, we used to only have 1.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    I also work for the Core Verizon (not VZW) and it's not 50 per cent for me.

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    I think it's kind of messed up that some company employees get 22% off their bill, when my husband is active duty army and only receives 10% off of our bill, and it only applies to the data charge. We do receive 25% off for the accessory deduction, but have never used it.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    I think it's kind of messed up that some company employees get 22% off their bill, when my husband is active duty army and only receives 10% off of our bill, and it only applies to the data charge. We do receive 25% off for the accessory deduction, but have never used it.
    Are you on the share everything plan or a legacy family share or individual plan?

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
  14. #14  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Are you on the share everything plan or a legacy family share or individual plan?

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Share everything. We just got this service in February.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  15. #15  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Share everything. We just got this service in February.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Ah, okay. I am on the family share plan and get a discount on my account line access charge and unlimited data. If I moved to the 2gb tier, I would not qualify for the discount. A higher tier would qualify

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
  16. #16  
    Cares's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    From what I heard from a couple different employees - they get extremely cheap phone plans but they have to meet a minimum quota on sales numbers or else they lose their plan.
  17. #17  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Ah, okay. I am on the family share plan and get a discount on my account line access charge and unlimited data. If I moved to the 2gb tier, I would not qualify for the discount. A higher tier would qualify

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    We have a 6gb tier, I believe.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  18. #18  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Never have seen that since I've been working for the company. All Verizon Wireless corporate employees qualify for the employee phone program regardless of sales numbers.
    Last edited by gamepolice; 08-20-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: grammer
  19. #19  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    I'm fortunate to get a 24% discount through my company. It applies towards phones, accessories and my phone plan and is applicable on both Verizon & AT&T. (I'm on Verizon though)

    tap'n
  20. #20  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    It's unfortunate that the big cell phone companies are money crazy businesses that main concern is MONEY! It's not just cell phone companies but the majority of big business is profits and keeping as much of it as possible! My son works at the airport and he gets 25% off all cell phones, accessories and plans. Thats more than the veterans/military are getting. They should be ashamed of how they treat their employees but they know in these hard times, their employees aren't going to make too much noise about it...or they will be waiting in line at the unemployment office.
    CR6 likes this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Just wanted to let you know, I work for a Verizon franchise store, our employee plan is 38.95 per month after fee's. Thats with unlim talk/text and 4 gig's of data. We have to buy our own phone but the plan is super cheap. If you work for a corp verizon store you should switch! So I dont know what kind of plan you have, but my employee discount is 50%. Also with my plan, its technically a business line, but there are no quota's or anything of the sort for me to keep it.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Quote Originally Posted by TimGoodwin View Post
    I also work for the Core Verizon (not VZW) and it's not 50 per cent for me.

    Posted via Android Central App
    If you work for CORE, you don't deserve anymore then you get.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cares View Post
    From what I heard from a couple different employees - they get extremely cheap phone plans but they have to meet a minimum quota on sales numbers or else they lose their plan.
    That's ridiculously incorrect.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    OK????

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  24. #24  

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Verizon Wireless employees receive a 50% discount on their entire bill and 25 - 50% off accesories.
  25. #25  
    CharlesH's Avatar

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: how much employee discount do Verizon Wireless employees get on their monthly bills and accessor

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Vet View Post
    If you work for CORE, you don't deserve anymore then you get.
    Is the folding of "Cellco Partnership dba Verizon Wireless" into Verizon Communications not yet complete? Because when Verizon Wireless becomes just another division of Verizon Communications, then someone working for a non-wireless division would have every right to expect the same discount as one working in the wireless division of the same company.

Similar Threads

  1. My Samsung Galaxy S4 gets very hot when charging.
    By viktor krievins in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. Looking for general advice on roms, recovery, etc. for Optimus V (old version)
    By znap in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 05:35 PM
  3. How too....RE SwiftKey
    By Teddy Jenkins in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 05:25 PM
  4. Need to do a complete reinstall of android 4.3
    By stuka85 in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 03:25 PM
  5. Multiview for S3 on Straight talk
    By Samhain2057 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 09:41 AM

Posting Permissions

B