Unlocked Phone???

BrandonAndroidX1

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I do not know to much about this so please go easy on me. :)

So my friend has a Samsung Stratosphere and just cracked his screen. Can he buy a Droid Bionic off of an amazon seller, put his SIM card in it, and use it like normal?

All help is appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I do not know to much about this so please go easy on me. :)

So my friend has a Samsung Stratosphere and just cracked his screen. Can he buy a Droid Bionic off of an amazon seller, put his SIM card in it, and use it like normal?

All help is appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

Assuming that the phone has a clean esn, yes, he can.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
He would still need to get everything straight through verizon on his account. He doesnt want verizon sending system updates for a stratosphere to a bionic. But like above yes.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
He would still need to get everything straight through verizon on his account. He doesnt want verizon sending system updates for a stratosphere to a bionic. But like above yes.
Assuming sim size is the same, a simple sim swap is all that is required. The system updates are pulled from the phone itself, so no worries about getting the wrong update.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Did not know that. I am always told that you still need to call them to change the meid/esn on the account. That wether you swap the sim in another phone the system still list the previous one. Better safe than sorry

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You can login to your account and take carefully of it online. Just look for the swap device or something like that in the navigation. I just swapped out my granddaughters broken iPhone for a very old Motorola Krave because that's what we had on hand for a spare. Have the replacement phone's ESN number you'll have to put that in order to get the process going. Make sure you read everything twice and understand it before proceeding to the next step.

Deb's Note 10.1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance