Transferring Upgrade from secondary line to Primary Unlimited line??

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Since Verizon has changed their policies over the last year, I am now confused about how this process works and what impact this will have on me.

Here is what I would like to do:

I have a line with smartphone currently on a 2GB plan that has an available upgrade.

I want to use this upgrade to get a new phone on my Primary line that currently has unlimited data.

Can I transfer this upgrade to my primary line without impacting my unlimited data? If so is it as easy as walking into a Corporate store and telling them I want to use the upgrade on the secondary line and put that phone on my primary line?

Thanks!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Go into the store and upgrade the LIMITED line. Let them apply the update to that line, then go home. After you're home, use the my Verizon site to switch the LIMITED phone back to the one it was previously, then transfer your UNLIMITED line to the new phone.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Go into the store and upgrade the LIMITED line. Let them apply the update to that line, then go home. After you're home, use the my Verizon site to switch the LIMITED phone back to the one it was previously, then transfer your UNLIMITED line to the new phone.

Won't I need some new SIM cards after I do this?

Here is what I currently have:

Current Phone LInes:
Primary Line -- Droid Razr Maxx (Unlimited Date -- Upgrade available mid next year)
Secondary Line 1 -- Galaxy Nexus with Upgrade Available (My son wants to keep this phone)
Secondary Line 2 -- Dumb phone (Upgrade available early next year)

Here is where I want to be at the end:

Primary Line -- New Droid Maxx (Keep Unlimited Date Use Upgrade from Secondary Line 1)
Secondary Line 1 -- Keep Galaxy Nexus
Secondary Line 2 -- Remove Dumb Phone and Use Razr Maxx with 2GB plan

Can I walk into a store with all three phones and explain what I want and have them do it all at once without impacting my unlimited data, or do I need to complete the upgrade to Secondary Line 1 to the Droid Maxx, then Move the phones around later?

Thanks!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't let them know of your transfer. You shouldn't need any other SIMs than the ones you currently have.

I guess you could try going in, but depending on who you talk to they may refuse to help you accomplish your goal. I've moved phones around using my Verizon and never had a problem doing so.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
To reiterate and make it clear - just upgrade your 2GB line. Take that phone and use it on the unlimited line when you get home.