Verizon Max Plan

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
According to some leaked leaked information posted at Droid-Life, the Verizon Max plan is designed specifically to tempt unlimited data customers into Edge. They're offering a one-time upgrade with exclusive data tiers at significant discounts to what new and recurring customers pay. $30 a month will get you 6GB of data, and $50 a month will get you 8GB plus the right to use tethering for other devices. Sharing plans are not an option with Verizon Max: it can only be applied to one line at a time.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...data-customers-to-edge-plans-hint-dont-do-it/

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377314439126.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377314439126.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 304

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
They are getting closer to getting my attention, when they offer unlimited users in family plans with similar discounts on shared data, that could get me. 40 gb for the price of 20 would catch my eye.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They are getting closer to getting my attention, when they offer unlimited users in family plans with similar discounts on shared data, that could get me. 40 gb for the price of 20 would catch my eye.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Data is a line level feature in family share plan. If you want data as an account level feature (for data sharing), you would have to be on a share everything plan

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I mean, not to defend them but those are good prices. That said, I'm glad I'm now an AT&T customer.

But the point is that you aren't saving any money. Right now, the only people that can use the plan are those on the unlimited data plan, who are paying $30 per month already. So basically, for the same amount of money, you are losing unlimited data... Doesn't make much sense, unless getting on edge is that important to you. Also, keep in mind, for those getting corporate discount, the unlimited data plan gets the discount, $30 tiered data does not. So you are paying more to move from unlimited to tiered data.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify the only account level feature on my bill is the account monthly charge. All the other charges are line level charges.

Note the $12.45 charge is the dumb phone line charge of $9.99 plus taxes and fees.

Attachments

• verizon_bill.png
    verizon_bill.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 118

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I mean, not to defend them but those are good prices. That said, I'm glad I'm now an AT&T customer.

Good I guess. I like my 70 a month all unlimited personally. I'm sure unlimited Verizon don't paying the Little extra to have fully unlimited :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Good I guess. I like my 70 a month all unlimited personally. I'm sure unlimited Verizon don't paying the Little extra to have fully unlimited :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

I don't need unlimited everything, just unlimited data is good enough. I pay about $45 for my unlimited line's share of my family plan. Granted, my plan is a legacy plan, as is everyone else who has unlimited data on Verizon. Current plans would cost me way more

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
But the point is that you aren't saving any money. Right now, the only people that can use the plan are those on the unlimited data plan, who are paying $30 per month already. So basically, for the same amount of money, you are losing unlimited data... Doesn't make much sense, unless getting on edge is that important to you. Also, keep in mind, for those getting corporate discount, the unlimited data plan gets the discount, $30 tiered data does not. So you are paying more to move from unlimited to tiered data.

Yup, that's what would happen to me if I went with this Max plan; lose unlimited data and my 20% employee discount. Makes no sense. Regardless, I'm not voluntarily giving up unlimited data for anything! They'll have to take it from me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup, that's what would happen to me if I went with this Max plan; lose unlimited data and my 20% employee discount. Makes no sense. Regardless, I'm not voluntarily giving up unlimited data for anything! They'll have to take it from me.

I have to wonder though, if the rumors of Verizon getting rid of unlimited data next year are true, why even bother making this Max plan?

Of course, the edge plan isn't very financially beneficial to the customer to begin with anyway, but I just don't see why they would even bother with this plan being that the vast majority of those on unlimited are either holding it with a death grip like you and me or are willing to give it up for subsidized phones.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as I am paying $9.99 for unlimited data on two lines - I don't see me doing anything else unless forced to...

GBaXWhG.png

KtW1Du9.png

Here is my usage
Mc5JhDL.png

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Seeing as I am paying $9.99 for unlimited data I don't see me doing anything else unless forced to...

http://i.imgur.com/GBaXWhG.png

View attachment 77727

Anyone on the $9.99 unlimited plan would be an ***** to get rid of it for any reason, imo. I wished that I could get it, but couldn't back when it was available

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have to wonder though, if the rumors of Verizon getting rid of unlimited data next year are true, why even bother making this Max plan?

Of course, the edge plan isn't very financially beneficial to the customer to begin with anyway, but I just don't see why they would even bother with this plan being that the vast majority of those on unlimited are either holding it with a death grip like you and me or are willing to give it up for subsidized phones.

I figure it's just another attempt by Verizon to lure more users off of grandfathered unlimited data (and it'll work for a certain percentage). That way, they can slowly chip away at reducing those with unlimited data without any serious blow back (versus attempting to just kill it outright).

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Anyone on the $9.99 unlimited plan would be an ***** to get rid of it for any reason, imo. I wished that I could get it, but couldn't back when it was available

I was lucky to get it the first time I called. I passed the details of the offer to all my friends and family and all got it eventually. One coworker called half a dozen times and couldn't get it. He gave me his details and I called and got it for him. It is/was a hell of a deal. I love the look on the rep's face in the store when the try to sell me on the Share Everything Plan (SEP) and see that I have that I am paying $20 for 2 unlimited data lines.

There is no way that they can beat it with existing plan offers, unless I could move everyone else to SEP and I go to this new thing... guess I will have to ask.

I have 6 devices
Razr Maxx HD - mine with unlimited
iPhone5 - wife's with unlimited but she hasn't gone past 2GB hardly ever
Razr M - mom's with 2GB and she hasn't gone past 2GB hardly ever
Xoom Tablet - mom's with 2GB and she gets close most months
2 feature phones for my 2 10 year olds - I use these for upgrades to keep the unlimited data on the other 2 lines

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I was lucky to get it the first time I called. I passed the details of the offer to all my friends and family and all got it eventually. One coworker called half a dozen times and couldn't get it. He gave me his details and I called and got it for him. It is/was a hell of a deal. I love the look on the rep's face in the store when the try to sell me on the Share Everything Plan (SEP) and see that I have that I am paying $20 for 2 unlimited data lines.

There is no way that they can beat it with existing plan offers, unless I could move everyone else to SEP and I go to this new thing... guess I will have to ask.

I have 6 devices
Razr Maxx HD - mine with unlimited
iPhone5 - wife's with unlimited but she hasn't gone past 2GB hardly ever
Razr M - mom's with 2GB and she hasn't gone past 2GB hardly ever
Xoom Tablet - mom's with 2GB and she gets close most months
2 feature phones for my 2 10 year olds - I use these for upgrades to keep the unlimited data on the other 2 lines

Is the $110 you are paying for a single line?

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea I would never switch 3/4 lines have unlimited data and I have the $20 data discount from retention on those lines. So each unlimited is cost me $9.99. Thanks Verizon!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I figure it's just another attempt by Verizon to lure more users off of grandfathered unlimited data (and it'll work for a certain percentage). That way, they can slowly chip away at reducing those with unlimited data without any serious blow back (versus attempting to just kill it outright).

If they were serious about providing an alternate to unlimited data, then they would provide it on subsidized pricing, because with Edge, you are not using your subsidy.

Also, the Max won't even give me 1% of my peak data usage.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
It's a trap!!!!

I did some quick calculations and it's only a $5 savings per month over a similar share your wallet plan over 2 years if you take phone costs into account.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have unlimited data plan on Verizon and have not seen anything about the Max plan on Verizon's website. I am wondering if someone is trying to scam Droid-life or whether Verizon decided not to go through with the Max plan due to the leaks and adverse reactions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463