Verizon phone deals thread

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The one max is 500 no contract and Note 3 is $600.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Free s4 with contract is live now on best buy website

BestBuy.com - Search Results

Ordered on the 27th, got an email from Best Buy that my order was received. Several hours later, got another email stating that there was a problem and instructing to call them within 48 hours. Well, I've been trying to get some closure with Best Buy ever since, and my order is still in limbo, still pending, "waiting pre-authorization, " apparently, with Verizon. The rep said that this has been happening with many customers who ordered S4. (In contrast, the order for Note 3 with Comcast was processed the same afternoon, and the phone was shipped the following day.)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S4 @ Best Buy $49.99
Galaxy N3 @ Best Buy $199.99

Beware of my ongoing horror story @ Best Buy.

I don't like ordering from best buy either. I ordered online and they just canceled my order without giving a reason. I called in and they didn't know why it was canceled either.

In store I have been hassled by their csr when price matching per their policy. Their rep said multiple things that were contrary to their written policy. When I asked for a copy, he went away for a long time and came back saying that he couldn't find it.

Another time I was buying, I reminded a different csr that I had the reserve gc and asked if I could keep the tiered data plan. Well, he forgot about the reserve gc when it came time to pay, and didn't let me keep the tiered data plan, insisting that I had to get a 50% more costly data plan.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not, but earlier today they sent me a satisfaction survey. You can imagine what I wrote there. I also emailed their Customer Service. The last word I had from them was that I'd be contacted by phone within 48 hours, "or, most likely, even sooner." I'm not holding my breath, needless to say. What worries me is that they've cancelled my order, and would somehow deny that it had been ever made.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not, but earlier today they sent me a satisfaction survey. You can imagine what I wrote there. I also emailed their Customer Service. The last word I had from them was that I'd be contacted by phone within 48 hours, "or, most likely, even sooner." I'm not holding my breath, needless to say. What worries me is that they've cancelled my order, and would somehow deny that it had been ever made.

Hopefully you will get it resolved. Honestly, after my experience, unless it is substantially lower in price, I wouldn't buy from them. And if I did, I would do so online.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Still not a word from Best Buy. I had it ordered online. If I had it done on the phone, maybe the rep would've completed the whole thing then and there. :(

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You have any email confirmation that u placed the order? If so then take it to best buy and complain.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I have two emails: one that the order was received, and another, that there's a problem with it. And so, since Nov, 27, I've been trying to find out what's the problem, and nobody could give me the answer.

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have two emails: one that the order was received, and another, that there's a problem with it. And so, since Nov, 27, I've been trying to find out what's the problem, and nobody could give me the answer.

Is this for the free galaxy s4 on contract?

Sent from my dlx using AC Forums mobile app

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
The one good thing that happened as a result of my Best Buy ordeal was me developing a good, informal relationship with a Verizon rep. So good that he gave me his cellphone number and invited to call whenever I needed help. So, fingers crossed, I feel a bit better about my chances of keeping my unlimited data plan, or, at least, that I wouldn't have to fight with some csr about it.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, maybe it's almost over. Called for the umpteenth time and, by chance, got a guy from the mobile back office, who swore he now fixed everything. Acc. to him, they had a software glitch, and 7,000 customers have been waiting for their orders completed. Many still are.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty