Cheap Used Verizon Tablet?

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Right now I am paying an extra $37 (inc. tax) on my VZQ bill because I have an extra line with a dumb phone on it. The extra line isn't used by anyone, other than when my wife dropped her phone in the kiddie pool and we were waiting for the insurance claim.

VZW said I have several options because the phone is under contract until April 24, 2014:

1. Cancel the line and pay $190 (goes down $10 every month)
2. Transfer the line/contract to someone else
3. Replace the dumb phone with a tablet and pay $10 per month instead of $30)

Why a tablet is cheaper than a dumb LG phone... I don't know. But since I don't have a VZW compatible tablet just laying around, I'd have to buy one used or on the bargain bin pile. Any suggestions on where to get one cheap?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you need a phone or device on that line? If not, just ask Verizon to put a phantom (test) device on the line, meaning no physical phone. The other option would be to suspend service, which is free online. You can suspend with or without billing. Note that suspending without billing will extend your contract and upgrade date.

Note that there are limitations to suspending the line, so the test device option is the best.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Won't a test device still charge him $30 per month under share everything?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I am not sure how it is programmed. If not, just suspend service on the line without billing

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy tab sch-i800 is around $90ish, Motorola xyboard 8.2 isgl around $125. The xyboard is a much more usable tablet compared to the Galaxy tab and has 4GLTE, much better processor and double the ram, and 8x the internal memory.